• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1,000th post and a year after... (updated as of 07/27/16)

Wow, @iamFLIP! I have really been asleep on your collection!

Awesome stuff indeed!

Congrats on the milestone. I think I remember coaxing you into taking some selfies! It is nice seeing rookies grow into their own on here... Even if they end up being metal snobs
It is better overachieving than underachieving!

Also, I have to agree with you on only collecting stuff I'd wear.

Congrats on the milestone and the awesome collection. You have some great stuff in there and the spine case is just beautiful...Here's to another 1000:drinks:!

First, I just want to thank this community for making this a great site.

So, after a lot of selfies and welcome posts, I reached my 1,000 posts milestone and almost 1st year anniverssary as a member.

Anyway, from 2002 until 2013, I basically used my only 2 pairs of Juliets. Then my wife gave me a pair of SI Straight Jacket for Christmas 2013 and Ferrari Tincan the following Christmas. I started to search online for other Ferrari frames and that's when I found this site. After seeing what other members have, I decided to start my own small collection. Knowing that I am not a completist or a purist, it was easy to come up with a few goals:
  • collect just what I wanted to wear
  • get 8 to 12 pairs of Juliets so I don't change lenses too often
  • get at least one of each of the other X-Metal frames
  • get one watch for daily-wear
Fast forward a year, I now have 16 pairs of Juliets, 7 XS, 3 Romeo 2.0, Mars, XX, Romeo, Penny, Half-X, OTT, Pit Boss 1, Pit Boss 2, 4 Splice, a few O-Matter/wire frames, and 10 watches.

I am not expecting this collection to grow a lot more. I exceeded my previous goals and pretty happy about it. New goal is to trade up and will be looking to get a polished (and/or maybe a rootbeer) PB1, Time Bomb II, C-Six, and (maybe) another MM/HP.

View attachment 215776 View attachment 215780

Juliets (from top to bottom, left to right): custom reversed tiO2/bip | custom tiO2/prizm road | plasma/emerald | plasma/violet polarized | plasma/fip | polished/sapphire polarized | carbon/24k polarized | carbon/ruby polarized | xmetal/ruby | plasma/ice polarized | plasma/prizm daily polarized
View attachment 215775

plasma/fip XS | carbon/bip XS | xmetal/ruby polarized XS | fmj/fire OTT | xmetal/ruby Mars | polished/ice XS | carbon/bip XS | xmetal/ruby XS
View attachment 215774

titanium/vr28 black Penny | emerald slate Ichiro Juliet | blue Ichiro Juliet | matte black/bip Pit Boss 1 | matte black/bip Pit Boss 2 | Ducati XS | Ducati Juliet | Ducati Juliet
View attachment 215773

xmetal/bi Romeo | plasma/ice polarized Half-X | carbon/bi Romeo 2.0 | polished/ti Romeo 2.0 | carbon/bi Romeo 2.0 | robotic Storefront #438 | 24k XX
View attachment 215772

TLD Phobia Gascan | fmj/fire Splice | black chrome/black Splice | gunmetal/emerald Splice | rootbeer/gld Splice | Ducati Fives | Ducati Gascan | Ferrari Fuel Cell | Ferrari Tincan Carbon | Ferrari Tincan | Ferrari Jupoter Carbon | SI Straight Jacket | matte black/prizm road Flak 2.0 | matte white/prizm daily polarized Flak | IH Split Jacket (gray lenses) | IH Split Jacket (violet lenses)
View attachment 215771

white dial fuse box | red dial crush | white dial saddle back | ti/ti band Gearbox | stainless bracelet Double Tap | stealth Double Tap | black/tan Gearbox | red dial Minute Machine | orange dial Hollowpoint
View attachment 215799

Kid and wife's sunglasses: black/blue XS Fives | polished black/black Quarter Jacket | polished black/+red polarized Jupiter Square | black/bip Given | black/bip Frogskin | breast cancer awareness Overtime
View attachment 215798

Thank you for reading!

Ongoing purchases will be posted here: Hi! i am FLIP and I have a problem...
Awesome!!!! Love the collection man! Truly epic!

Thank you guys for the compliments!

I definitely did overshoot my goals. I found a local guy who was moving out of state and offered me really great deals with most of the XS, that is why I end up with more than I planned to get. I wasn't even considering Splice and Pit Boss, but @atty_65 highly recommended those for me to try. End up liking 'em. And @Fernando didn't help either for giving me great deals with few Juliets, Mars, and R2.0. :wink: