• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1,000th post and a year after... (updated as of 07/27/16)

Just to give a little insight to an Oakley collection...

My very very limited and humble collection of XMetals is worth @ $3600 (8 XMetals averaging $450 a pop)

I jokingly said "babe, my collection is $4000, wanna see $20,000 !?!?"

I showed her Flip's case and she said, "wow that's, really nice"...

Then I showed her the IH Case and she said "you could wear those every day back to back to back and no one would know the difference other than the people on your forums"...

After slapping her face with the back of my ring hand, I actually realized that she was absolutely right and reaffirmed what I have been saying all along: no one outside of us (OF Members) cares about these glasses...

We're in a company all on our own, my friends...

Wow your collection is just Awesome!

That's an awesome collection and your set up rocks!!! What's poor about the IH collection? It topples what Oakley did!

Love it bro!

@iamFLIP Jesus, man! That has got to be hands down the cleanest Spine Case display I've seen to date. And you've got a ton of O'a in there. Well done man!!

I have a question for you about that case in particular, I have one also. PM incoming.

wow - it looks nice and clean - great collection!!

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate all the compliments! I tried to keep it clean, not over-crowding the case with a lot of display stuff.

Just to give a little insight to an Oakley collection...

My very very limited and humble collection of XMetals is worth @ $3600 (8 XMetals averaging $450 a pop)

I jokingly said "babe, my collection is $4000, wanna see $20,000 !?!?"

I showed her Flip's case and she said, "wow that's, really nice"...

Then I showed her the IH Case and she said "you could wear those every day back to back to back and no one would know the difference other than the people on your forums"...

After slapping her face with the back of my ring hand, I actually realized that she was absolutely right and reaffirmed what I have been saying all along: no one outside of us (OF Members) cares about these glasses...

We're in a company all on our own, my friends...

That is true with any collection though whether your collecting cars, shoes, toys, etc. You got to be in a group of people who has the same interests to be appreciated. Everyone else thinks you're nuts. :rolleyes:

Maybe my wife is a little more supportive. When she notice I am wearing something new, whether it is a new pair or just new lenses, she would say "That look really nice! Can I try?" She used to wear Prada/Gucci/Armani glasses but ever since I bought her first Oakley (Given) sunglasses last year, she never wear any other brand. She now have Frogskins, Overtime, Tin Cup Rx, and now asking for Carbon Plate Rx frame.

Anyway, I end up with the Oakley collection because of her. She has been nagging and complaining about a room full of brand new LEGO sets. :punish: So, I'd been liquidating that slowly and it pays for what's in those display case. She even encouraged me get a glass display case even when my collection was very small. I guess she like more of the case full of sunglasses than a room full of something else. :idk:

Updated watch collection:

IMG_5509.JPG