• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1000 Pair Collection Achieved, Time Now To Semi Retire.

What a milestone to reach, 1,000! How on earth do you decide on which pair to wear? Do you display certain pairs and keep the rest tucked away? Congrats on attaining that goal. I imagine there are only a handful who have.

i could imagine wearing 1 pair a day and it would reach almost 3 years before i wear again the pair i wore on the first day! lol!

Which 3 x-metals are they RvF? I vaguely recall you might have mentioned it somewhere else, but not sure.

Juliet - Carbon - Ruby 24-088
Juliet - Polished - VR28 Black 04-158
Mars - X Metal - Emerald 04-106

To add these to the collection would complete all 70 pairs of production X Metals.

Last edited:
First let me say congrats on reaching 1000 pair. Secondly let me say "hats off" to you and your record keeping. I would love to have tracked all of my acquisitions but I just never did. Someday I hope to inventory all of what I have to some point. May the Oakley gods shine on you favorably in whatever direction your collecting may go. Always good to hear your opinions on things here on the forum!

Thank you for your comments GRFMotorsports, right from the first glass, I have kept records of the date acquired, the total cost, and who/where I got them from, and in this respect it is easy to establish precisely which pieces have been added each year. Similarly I have maintained files of copious notes about Oakley, useful to divulge information when required.

Last edited:
What a milestone to reach, 1,000! How on earth do you decide on which pair to wear? Do you display certain pairs and keep the rest tucked away? Congrats on attaining that goal. I imagine there are only a handful who have.

Choice of glass firstly would involve matching an appropriate lens transmission to the level of brightness, type of lens will correspond to weather conditions, eg changeable could be photochromic/transitions, glare from bright wet surfaces could result in polarized. Event type, eg work, social, would lead to choosing a suitable model or colours. Tend to wear gen 3 Frogskins more than anything now, so select what is most appropriate from that part of the collection.
Some are displayed, and all these are spread over four Oakley cabinets (single & double Mega Towers, Mega Tower 3.0, and Premium Tower), others are not on display and stored in wardrobes. Everything is positioned exactly and precisely in an extremely tidy ordered manner.

Last edited:
I'm going to send you an iPhone, and I want you to fill it with pictures and send it back. Well make a museam thread for your stuff.

I didn't forget about offering to send you a camera more than a year ago, but it seems the time is now. Let me make a trip to the apple store, and I'll be in touch.

Back