• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1000 Pair Collection Achieved, Time Now To Semi Retire.

I think it would be awesome if the community helped this man finish his collection!! I'm sure with the forum on the hunt we can track down 3 pairs for this guy..... Who's in:drinks:

+1

Well I guess its time to start saving for the official RVF Oakley museum sale, whenever it happens its going to be a once in a lifetime type sale thread! I personally hope it never comes, RVF you have been an inspiration to so many of us, and helped so many more of us with your detailed, concise, and thorough answers and explanations to even the most difficult and obscure questions. I think many of us owe you a good deal of gratitude for your dedication and contribution to this forum. Thank you for being here and sharing with the community!

AMAZING!! I can't even imagine how long it would take and how much money you have spent on your collection. A big congratulations on reaching your milestone. I am glad you decided to continue with the collection and meet your long term goal of 1000 pairs.

RVF That is just amazing. Congrats!!
You have been a first class Forum member hope you stay on here and continue your great words of Oakley Wisdom.

RVF That is just amazing. Congrats!!
You have been a first class Forum member hope you stay on here and continue your great words of Oakley Wisdom.
Yes, even though the target is reached and even if you start slimming the collection down, stay on here - one of the authoritative voices on the forum.

WOW! And WOW again. Sincere congratulations RvF, that's what you call A COLLECTION!!!!
Very poignant as well, your comment "A true collector of anything is in some ways a prisoner to his subject."
Have felt that myself on occasions.
Been collecting since 1999 myself but my qty. pales in comparison to your own.
Personally, new to the forum and never communicated with you myself but can get the vibe from the comments and would also add, don't leave.

Mainly happy though that I can show this to the wife and say something like "See, and you moan that I've got too many sunglasses. I don't have an obsession after all" :grin:.

Pity it's Frogskins that you're keeping hold of as there's a particular new-ish pair that eludes me but I can understand why they'd stay.

Back