• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

10W40 Tens

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Just got these an hour ago. The seller is from Hungary and it only took a week to get here. The box was crushed and one of the lenses had popped out, despite being wrapped in 3 layers of bubble wrap and being double boxed :sad:

On top of that they don't fit! :mad: The tips of the stems put pressure on my head that's uncomfortable and they're not tall enough to provide enough coverage for me.

I'm probably going to have to sell them for a loss, or try for a trade. These were going to be my dreary weather shades, VR28 lenses and the translucent frames on a mostly cloudy day makes for a fun pair.

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

the original lens was black polarized, maybe the problem the lens came out is due to a different lens in this pair. (cant see polarized etched and does not look like black p in the pic). my own pair looks a much darker oily 10W40, i wonder if there were colour variations or if its just the way yours looks lighter in the picture. i know the later version in the monster dog was a lighter take on this frame colour. have you tried the first straight jackets rustpot? they may appeal to you.

the original lens was black polarized, maybe the problem the lens came out is due to a different lens in this pair. (cant see polarized etched and does not look like black p in the pic). my own pair looks a much darker oily 10W40, i wonder if there were colour variations or if its just the way yours looks lighter in the picture. i know the later version in the monster dog was a lighter take on this frame colour. have you tried the first straight jackets rustpot? they may appeal to you.

They're VR28 lenses. It snapped back in place fine, it might have not been seated right and it took a bump and popped out during shipping.

The color perception really depends on the light, but these do have less 'oily' black hues than the pic on O-Review. I hadn't thought to wonder if these were fake. I haven't seen any older pairs like this, if they made fakes I'd think they'd show up more often.

I haven't checked out the original Straight Jackets. The new ones are too small for me, and I was looking for a set without rubber. I'm not as much of a fan of the wider stem that tapers from the full height of the orbital, either.

Back