• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

$1150 For 24K?

Selling prices were pretty high about 3 weeks ago...course the prices on the Juliets has always been higher than that on the XS. With that said, a month back the highest I saw a Juliet pair sell for was $900 (it was the only one up at the time) and an XS at $750 (it was also the only one). Now in the last 10 days or so multiples have been listed at $700 ish for Juliets and haven't even generated bids and an XS just bid to only $510 a few days ago but it had a reserve on it (which can actually discourage some from bidding) so prices seem to be stabilizing. For now. Its all about timing...when there's none for awhile and then you list and you're the first and only, you usually get someone to jump on it...but once buyers see multiples and that there is stock, you won't get bites at high prices. Once this last batch works its way out into retail and is purchased however, and people looking realize they CAN'T find them at retail, prices will rise again. While I think $1150+ is way out there, I do believe that BNIB or mint pieces will fetch somewhere in the $750 range for the XS and $900 for the Juliet in the months and years to come. And to keep it in perspective, the net profit on these (if purchased at retail) isn't THAT much...even if you sold a one of these for say $750, once you eat eBay fees you only net $150-$160 on the $490 out the door with tax price.