• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

12 Gauge Quality

the scratch turned out to be a stray strand of carbon fiber that had stuck to the inside of the glass, i had a local jeweler remove the mechanism and clean the glass inside, now the watch is perfect

damn you need to be careful taking it to places outside of oakley. just hope they put everything back together the right way. if oakley finds out they might not take care of you if anything happens later on.

thanks for the warning but the jeweler service my breitling and are an authorised rolex service centre, the gauge internals come out in one piece coz its only a quartz movement so there was no trouble,
i did ring oakley first (when i still thought it was a scratch) they said 20 working day turnaround but i'm off on holiday in 14 days and bought the watch specialy to take away with me so looked to someone local that i trust

ya thats good. they only thing i know they tell us in the store is there is the water seal that can cause problems if not done by oakley but sounds like you got a good place. just would hate to see a beauty like that have any problems

Oakley UK do not need a receipt and will fix it if you tell them that you have only purchased it within the last 11 months.

OakleyUk said:
Oakley UK do not need a receipt and will fix it if you tell them that you have only purchased it within the last 11 months.

hi oakleyuk, do you work for oakley?? would be cool if you did :lol:

Interested in the Oakley 12 Gauge watch. I'm from the uk and am an avid collector of Oakle X-Metals, I've recently bought a timebomb 2 watch which is amazing quality but i'm looking for a white faced watch for summer, i think the 12 gauge steel bracelet model fits the bill. i've searched all the oakley stockists near me but none have a 12 gauge in stock to look at, i've been looking online for opinions on the quality of the 12 gauge and there is quite a lot of negative reviews, even on the o review it gets slated, does anybody have one, would anybody recommend one?
Hey dude just to let you know oakley vault at Cheshire oaks have all the 12 gauges from the o stores but none with the carbon brand

I have 2 12 gauge watches. Black dial and white dial. They are great and take a beating. I work outside in Arizona and it holds up in the heat better than any watch I've had. Only bad thing is bracelet links will break. After a while the steel link ends will fall off. if you find the pieces that fall off a good watch repairman can solder them back on. If u loose them your screwed because links are near impossible to find.