• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

15 Minutes Of Fame!

Was it in South America like the U.S version?

There were 13 episodes of Wipeout Canada consisting of 20 contestants each, and we were all flown down from Toronto to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The US show is currently filmed in Los Angeles. Approx 30 other International shows are all filmed at the same location in Buenos Aires.
Basically, it's a television set-for-hire.

There were 13 episodes of Wipeout Canada consisting of 20 contestants each, and we were all flown down from Toronto to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The US show is currently filmed in Los Angeles. Approx 30 other International shows are all filmed at the same location in Buenos Aires.
Basically, it's a television set-for-hire.

Ahh interesting. When I heard that you had to travel to S.Am during the audition process I assumed that the U.S version filmed there.

That's pretty cool info though! How cold/hot was the water?

just found a article in ems magazine and i was in it and then i looked again and im wearing my vintage straight jackets (well back then they were not vintage)the emerald with the green flames it cost me alot of ice cream around the firehouses for that one

just found a article in ems magazine and i was in it and then i looked again and im wearing my vintage straight jackets (well back then they were not vintage)the emerald with the green flames it cost me alot of ice cream around the firehouses for that one

:biggrin::thumb:

I have a few seconds fame on BBC London last month, this is a documentary "Inside Claridges", a three part series where i worked with! Sadly though im not proud of it and im not gonna give you a link...you could try to google them. It was on the first episode.

I met Hulk Hogan when I was a kid. Not really a 15 minutes of fame but he was my idol at the time (I was a big wrestling fan growing up) so it was cool to be standing next to him one-on-one.

I was interviewed by the local news once. I live near Luke Air Force Base and witnessed two f16s collide right over my head at my house during a student training exercise. Didn't see the collision; just the noise and the one jet crashing right after. One Jet made it back to base and the other went off into the desert and crashed in a massive cloud of smoke about a mile from my home. A large piece of the jet fell right in front of my face about 100' from me across the street in a vacant field. To darn close if you ask me lol. The pilot ejected and looked like he was going to land near my home; but got drug off into the desert by the wind. We got in our truck and went out to make sure he was okay; but some people that lived closer to him had already gotten there to assist. Pretty crazy stuff when I think back on it.

Back