• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

15 year old Juliets. What should I do?

I'd say roughly $325ish just for tight frame w/o lenses. Polar Fires might add $100. But that is just MY opinion. Maybe a little more if frame is mint w/o scratches.

With these being something you've had so long and with the Juliets no longer being made i'd keep them and as mentioned get the finish fixed up and new lenses will be like new again. If you sold them i'd think you'd regret it later

With these being something you've had so long and with the Juliets no longer being made i'd keep them and as mentioned get the finish fixed up and new lenses will be like new again. If you sold them i'd think you'd regret it later
The finish is in good shape. It's really just the nose piece that needs tightened.

Based on the original post these are a JT-serial frame with mostly done Fire polars.

The frame in good shape with the original finish is worth $300 (loose) to $400 (factory tight, like new)

I am not sure I would add much to that for your serial, some do - its low but its not that low

Good lenses would add value, The lenses currently installed are not worth much.

So your valuation is probably around $350 for the frame only (clean frame, not perfect but no major damage, not factory tight but not falling apart either, maybe wearable, but could use a tune up) - that includes the rubbers, presume they are installed, wearable, not ripped, etc...

If it were a more common frame it would be worth low to mid $200's... So again, your frame is worth about $100 more than most of the 'common' frames we see, presuming it is clean in good shape with the original finish..

I want to stress the bold and underline. A refinish is not an original finish. I am not saying the refinishes are not good - they are EXCELLENT, they are simply not ORIGINAL. No insult meant to anyone here, just saying from a valuation perspective - that is my opinion - to me if this same frame were refinished it would be worth almost $100 less, serial preserved or not. That is what I am sharing in my valuation of this item. We can debate my valuation methods and logic in another thread.

Back to the valuation...

Some buyers may pay a few $'s extra for the not so good lenses, but many would not... add $25 here for the used lenses in the meantime.

Your valuation is $375 for this frame is it is very clean and borderline wearable with lenses - not great, but lenses included regardless.

Someone mentioned eBay... those usually go for an extra 10% to 20%, to compensate for the eBay listing fees and such. in your case another $40 to $50, so $415 to $425, maybe... could also be a few $'s less based on the condition of the lenses. I would say high $3's, probably $400...

A good scratch or three on the finish could know $50 to $100 off the value real quick as it is the original finish and serial that add value here, and they compliment each other nicely. As I mentioned before if you refinish it some, myself included, may consider it to be worth substantially less.

I would only refinish it if it had damage that was not tolerable.

HTH

Send to X-Man to be restored. Keep em! You can't buy them anymore and Juliets are special.

image.jpg image.jpg Ok so here are some more pictures. I think just the bridge is all I need. Then lenses have a scuff and a few chips but I've never noticed it while wearing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Send those bad boys to (Mark) @THE X-MAN for a tune-up, you will not be disappointed (he's tuned up several frames for me)

Latest Posts

Back