• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

17%-27% light transmission original OAKLEY lenses for Juliet, mars or romeo 2.0?

tele

Oakley Expert
I've viewed the oakley general charts but can you guys tell me what lenses have the desired light transmission for the above models? I am looking to score the lenses on ebay or elsewhere as oakley doesn't seem to provide lenses for the above models. However, I specifically would like to obtain oakley lenses for the above models, I just don't know which shades&colors are available for the above models, altough I can see the transmission levels in the oakley chart.Thanks

You can obtain custom cut lenses for the models you listed that will fit them perfectly....you just have to decide what you want and who is going to cut them for you. :)

For the Juliet Oakley Europe had a few (not listed on the site) and Oakley in the US might have as well. It would be worth a call or e-mail. The others would require custom cuts.

Grey and bronze should both work fine.

List of what they had for the Juliet a couple of months ago:

15-205 Gold Iridium

15-209 Emerald Iridium

15-215 G30 Iridium

15-246 Tungsten Iridium Polarized

91-219 VR28 Black Iridium Polarized

91-289 Bronze Polarized

91-290 Dark Bronze

91-292 Grey

91-293 Grey Polarized

91-294 Slate Iridium

91-295 Titanium Iridium

91-297 Tungsten Iridium Polarized

91-299 Warm Grey

95-894 Black Iridium – currently unavailable but on order

95-896 Black Iridium Polarized – currently unavailable but on order

95-898 Fire Iridium

95-900 Ice Iridium Polarized

Thanks I will ask oakley europe.

Are the custom cut lenses equal to the quality of oakley lenses and do they cost twice as much as oakley lenses?

Are the custom cut lenses equal to the quality of oakley lenses and do they cost twice as much as oakley lenses?

Custom cuts are cut from OEM donors so yes, the quality is the same; they're still Oakley lenses. That's assuming you use one of the cutters (there are many here) who can do it without f'ing them up.

The cost is the cost of lenses plus a fee for the cutting services. The fee depends on the cutter but no, it doesn't double the price.

Custom cuts are cut from OEM donors so yes, the quality is the same; they're still Oakley lenses. That's assuming you use one of the cutters (there are many here) who can do it without f'ing them up.

The cost is the cost of lenses plus a fee for the cutting services. The fee depends on the cutter but no, it doesn't double the price.
This. For me it's a great way to get lenses that should have been, but weren't, available for the Juliet but also to keep up with improvements in lenses - for instance, there are donors suitable for Juliets for most of Oakley's current Prizm range. That didn't even exist yet while Juliets were still on sale.

The custom cut lenses concept is new to me, does it mean I can take any lens that is bigger than the ones that'll fit the frame at hand and ask a pro to cut it to size? Can you tell me an example of what lenses could be cut for the romeo 2.0 or mars ? For the juliet I'm getting gray lenses from european supplier(thanks for the tip!)

The custom cut lenses concept is new to me, does it mean I can take any lens that is bigger than the ones that'll fit the frame at hand and ask a pro to cut it to size? Can you tell me an example of what lenses could be cut for the romeo 2.0 or mars ? For the juliet I'm getting gray lenses from european supplier(thanks for the tip!)
Yes, although ideally you also want the base curve (basically, how curved the lens is) of the donor lens to match the target too.

Back