1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. ThePitBoss

ThePitBoss Oakley Enthusiast

I bought a pair of Frogskins back in 1992 from sunglass hut I think? I still have the micro bag but the frames broke and I don't know what happened to the Frame
    so im looking for that same model but I don't remember what the frame was? all I remember is that it had Black Iridium lenses,
    and the frame was like a grey frame with black and white splotches in it or was it white splotches? it was kinda like a grey calico style frame with white Oakley logos on the side,
    it def had black iridium lenses and it came in a clear white box. anyone have a clue what frame this is? I tried to find it without any fortune,
    but it was def grey or carbon grey with white patches or splotches in it that I remember because it wasn't a solid color frame but like a calico colored frame?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

Dalmation? not too hard to get again
    1992 Frogskins i cant find can you? - oakley-frogskins-spot.jpg

ThePitBoss likes this.
  3. ThePitBoss

yea it was like that I guess, they are grey with white and I think black splotches as well? can you still find those and where and what model number are they? thanks

4. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

5. ThePitBoss

hmmm didn't see them there are you sure?

6. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

there isnt a photo of them, but the frame is listed and its number is there too

7. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

wait, can you not link to O-review from here any more?

Frame: Dalmation
    Lens: Grey
    Family: Frogskins
    Price: $40
    SKU: 03-076
    Date: 1991-1994

8. ThePitBoss

thanks owl but those are not it, those look like the dog Dalmatian color lol mine were like Grey base with paycjes of white and I think black, I remember the frame loked like a calico cat lol it wasn't a solid color and I did buy from an Oakley dealer I do believe ot was sunglass hut, but it was def that color frame and vlack iridium lenses, I remember the lenses were mirrored and like I said the frames reminded me of an actual frog with that color lol it was grey or grey like with white paycjes and I believe black patches as well it was very unique, I remember paying like 65 or 75 Bucks for them back in 1992. but I don't see them anywhere????

9. ThePitBoss

well I guess you had to live in the 80's and 90's and been an Oakley fan to know what frogskins im talking about. I loyked all over o-review and they are not there? im thinking I had a limited edition or a sunglass hut special back then?
    They looked similar to a tortoise look but they were like a grey carbon base color with white logos and light white and light black small splotches all over them and they housed Black Irifium lenses, man I wish I still had thos frggies, but........I still have the microbag.
    side note, I did wash the bag it was a lil old and dirty from sitting in a box for so long, I blew it dry with a blow dryer, I cant tell if the blow dryer made it smaller or it came that way originally, when I compare it with a regular new frogskin bag, its like half an inch shorter?

10. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Show a picture of the bag? I'm curious and looking for one...