• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1992 Frogskins i cant find can you?

ThePitBoss

Oakley Enthusiast
Charlotte, NC
I bought a pair of Frogskins back in 1992 from sunglass hut I think? I still have the micro bag but the frames broke and I don't know what happened to the Frame
so im looking for that same model but I don't remember what the frame was? all I remember is that it had Black Iridium lenses,
and the frame was like a grey frame with black and white splotches in it or was it white splotches? it was kinda like a grey calico style frame with white Oakley logos on the side,
it def had black iridium lenses and it came in a clear white box. anyone have a clue what frame this is? I tried to find it without any fortune,
but it was def grey or carbon grey with white patches or splotches in it that I remember because it wasn't a solid color frame but like a calico colored frame?

Dalmation? not too hard to get again
oakley-frogskins-spot.jpg

yea it was like that I guess, they are grey with white and I think black splotches as well? can you still find those and where and what model number are they? thanks

wait, can you not link to O-review from here any more?

Frame: Dalmation
Lens: Grey
Family: Frogskins
Price: $40
SKU: 03-076
Date: 1991-1994

thanks owl but those are not it, those look like the dog Dalmatian color lol mine were like Grey base with paycjes of white and I think black, I remember the frame loked like a calico cat lol it wasn't a solid color and I did buy from an Oakley dealer I do believe ot was sunglass hut, but it was def that color frame and vlack iridium lenses, I remember the lenses were mirrored and like I said the frames reminded me of an actual frog with that color lol it was grey or grey like with white paycjes and I believe black patches as well it was very unique, I remember paying like 65 or 75 Bucks for them back in 1992. but I don't see them anywhere????

well I guess you had to live in the 80's and 90's and been an Oakley fan to know what frogskins im talking about. I loyked all over o-review and they are not there? im thinking I had a limited edition or a sunglass hut special back then?
They looked similar to a tortoise look but they were like a grey carbon base color with white logos and light white and light black small splotches all over them and they housed Black Irifium lenses, man I wish I still had thos frggies, but........I still have the microbag.
side note, I did wash the bag it was a lil old and dirty from sitting in a box for so long, I blew it dry with a blow dryer, I cant tell if the blow dryer made it smaller or it came that way originally, when I compare it with a regular new frogskin bag, its like half an inch shorter?

well I guess you had to live in the 80's and 90's and been an Oakley fan to know what frogskins im talking about. I loyked all over o-review and they are not there? im thinking I had a limited edition or a sunglass hut special back then?
They looked similar to a tortoise look but they were like a grey carbon base color with white logos and light white and light black small splotches all over them and they housed Black Irifium lenses, man I wish I still had thos frggies, but........I still have the microbag.
side note, I did wash the bag it was a lil old and dirty from sitting in a box for so long, I blew it dry with a blow dryer, I cant tell if the blow dryer made it smaller or it came that way originally, when I compare it with a regular new frogskin bag, its like half an inch shorter?
Show a picture of the bag? I'm curious and looking for one...

Back