• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Annual "O" Collectors Expo in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the 125 didnt bother me... freebies, open bar, food, donation to IH. I dont think the 125 was about the profit. The real reason it was cancelled, that may be another story.
Looks to me they couldn't get the numbers to make the event viable, hence they jack up on price and the unfortunate cancellation.

I don't think these folks organised the event to scam people because let's face it, there's far easier way to walk away with more takings. For starters asking for a high ticket price is hardly a good lure to scam people...

My Final Post here to clear things up:

1) I do not work for Oakley....Never have, never will.
2) I'm part of the family that has done their trade shows for many years
3) I explained why the event was canceled in an earlier post (strictly business decision, nothing to do with low ticket sales)
4) We held an Exclusive Sale for those members who paid for a ticket last Monday, I'm now in Vegas working on those orders
5) We are going to have an Exclusive Auction for those same members including the ones who registered for the online version of the Auction
6) If you would like to get a Sales or Auction Form for the NEXT ROUND please email me at oakleydisplaygoods@gmail.com

Dann T. at O-Review and Del (FearGearGarage) (he knows me personally) can vouch for me and the items that we have for sale/auction. The most up to date info will be on O-Review including pictures, specs, and procedures.

If you have a concern or question, it would be best to email it to me because I will no longer be checking back here.

Respectfully,

Jeff

My Final Post here to clear things up:

1) I do not work for Oakley....Never have, never will.
2) I'm part of the family that has done their trade shows for many years
3) I explained why the event was canceled in an earlier post (strictly business decision, nothing to do with low ticket sales)
4) We held an Exclusive Sale for those members who paid for a ticket last Monday, I'm now in Vegas working on those orders
5) We are going to have an Exclusive Auction for those same members including the ones who registered for the online version of the Auction
6) If you would like to get a Sales or Auction Form for the NEXT ROUND please email me at oakleydisplaygoods@gmail.com

Dann T. at O-Review and Del (FearGearGarage) (he knows me personally) can vouch for me and the items that we have for sale/auction. The most up to date info will be on O-Review including pictures, specs, and procedures.

If you have a concern or question, it would be best to email it to me because I will no longer be checking back here.

Respectfully,

Jeff
Pro tip; When your event turns into a cluster and you have pages of people posting things putting you in an unsavory light- posts like your explanation and this should happen BEFORE or AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE so as to not piss off people that have invested quite a lot of money in your event. And your business decisions to F*CK OVER MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM but still give them the chance to buy your stuff might be met with less hostility if you showed up and explained things as soon as the decision was made and offered some kind of assistance, explanation, or whatever and not just ghost out.

Things may have been handled graciously behind closed doors, but you have egg on your face as far as onlookers such as myself are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back