• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Edition Yellow/White BananaBeats - Anyone Own A Pair?

After relentless searching, scouring ebay daily, posting wants lists on this forum, trawling the internet......finally.....today....I have acquired the ultra rare legend that is the Yellow/White - Grey BANANABEAT RECORDS FROGSKIN, one of the very best, and certainly among the rarest Oakley glasses ever produced. It seems among the ranks of our membership the owners are FGG, tmsnewberry, and at last...myself. The question now is......who out there, forum members or anyone...has ALL 3 BANANABEAT RECORDS FROGSKINS!!??

By all three you are referring to the Yellow/White-Grey, Black-Yellow (which was recalled for no etching if I'm correct) and Black-Black? And I thought FGG had all three of these. But I could be mistaken.

By all three you are referring to the Yellow/White-Grey, Black-Yellow (which was recalled for no etching if I'm correct) and Black-Black? And I thought FGG had all three of these. But I could be mistaken.

To confirm, the 3 Bananabeat Frogskins are as follows:

Yellow/White - Grey. With specific microbag. Issued to the company. This is the first release, quantity 50.
Polished Black - Yellow 03-223 (using boxes for the normal worldwide 03-223 that had nothing to do with Bananabeat). With specific microbag, Island in the Sun CD, 2 stickers, New Era Cap. Second release, quantity 50. This pair had no lens etching but should have, customers could exchange it for a different third release.
Polished Black - Grey Polarized 03-223 (still using boxes originally labelled and used for the worldwide 03-223). With specific microbag, etched lens, and signed authenticity card. This is the third release issued in a quantity of 50.

I do not know of anyone else with the set, but I suspect there are people that have the complete collection. I do have all three myself with all items but it has taken a lot of time and effort to achieve.

Back