• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying 1st Gen Juliet Ruby Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Re-Post Edit--- HK is correct. They are not 1st Gen. I was looking at the wrong line:
Serial List---X######​
X-Metal / Ruby Juliet --​
Initial Run: This is the Correct one.​
The one on Ebay is a J##### and is not correct.

It is very likely there are less than 5000 of these sets. Thats a lot, but remember that serial for the ebay was over 90k. Unless someone puts one up and the price is 600+ it might be correct. But not likely.

Some people reacted to this post.
A J serial number I would not consider a Gen 1. Gen 1 frames begin with an X. It was also my understanding that the initial run of true Gen 1 lenses were X005000 and below. After that, they changed their ruby manufacturing process.

Username Hidden said:
A J serial number I would not consider a Gen 1. Gen 1 frames begin with an X. It was also my understanding that the initial run of true Gen 1 lenses were X005000 and below. After that, they changed their ruby manufacturing process.
Now that is a message to save for later when/if I do run across a pair. Thank you very much bud!

Username Hidden said:
Someone is looking for a unicorn, grazing in a field of four leaf clover, maintained by leprechauns.

Good luck on that. When you give up, or decide that you want the next best thing while you wait to find this unicorn, look at the +red.

Yeah, more chance of winning the lottery when you havn"t bought a ticket..............

Username Hidden said:
Yeah, more chance of winning the lottery when you havn"t bought a ticket..............
Yeah... no offense but if you aren't on here to either sell me a pair or help me find some, then please don't write messages.

No offense taken, god loves an optimist!

Username Hidden said:
Yeah... no offense but if you aren't on here to either sell me a pair or help me find some, then please don't write messages.

Oh, your thread went off topic? Sorry... It's kind of like what you have done to many threads. Welcome to the interwebz n00b.

Username Hidden said:
Oh, your thread went off topic? Sorry... It's kind of like what you have done to many threads. Welcome to the interwebz n00b.
I did that to one thread, and then went back to the topic. And sorry if I am a new guy, I usually am too busy to spending time here in the middle east getting shot at protecting your freedom to sit here and call me out. I nicely asked that all future posts be to either sell me what I asked for, or to help me acquire them. I meant no offense by it at all, and am truly sorry if any was taken.

Username Hidden said:
I usually am too busy to spending time here in the middle east getting shot at protecting your freedom to sit here and call me out.
Many of us here are veterans as well. As we deeply appreciate what you do for us on a daily basis, please appreciate also that we did the same for you- when you were in diapers.
Respectfully submitted...