• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying 1st Gen Juliet Ruby Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Just out of interest in the 'redness' stakes, these are my 1st gen fires.
null_zpsa2ecf1ca.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Those are "fire" lenses? Looks a lot like ruby to me.

Yes first generation fire. Brown tint with green to the outer edges from the inside. I have another pair virtually the same in a pair of carbon Juliets and if anything they are a touch darker than these.
null_zps8b7f1aaf.jpg
null_zpsd61dd0cd.jpg

Wow, neat comparison!

I was lucky enough to pick up a set of replacement Ruby lenses whilst on holiday in May. I asked if I could look at them before purchasing, as a lot of the new Ruby's are more fire like these days and I do prefer them a little darker. As soon as I removed them from the box I knew they were coming home with me! Not first gen I know, but they do have a nice middle to them.
null_zps4ca45cdf.jpg
null_zps769782d2.jpg

Username Hidden said:
I was lucky enough to pick up a set of replacement Ruby lenses whilst on holiday in May. I asked if I could look at them before purchasing, as a lot of the new Ruby's are more fire like these days and I do prefer them a little darker. As soon as I removed them from the box I know they were coming home with me!
Oh man sweet pickup! I bet there are still dark lenses out there waiting in boxes, just gotta be found...

Username Hidden said:
Oh man sweet pickup! I bet there are still dark lenses out there waiting in boxes, just gotta be found...

That's it, I'm sure there are still out there and it was mostly down to 'batches'. We know the earlier ones were predominantly darker, but there were certainly some made well after the initial release which were very close and as with the early x squared rubies, there were and are still plenty with a really good middle to them!

Username Hidden said:
Those are "fire" lenses? Looks a lot like ruby to me

If you are really particular about lens coloring it's best to buy them in person.
Coloration varies so much even within the same batch and in person you can make sure that they are exactly what you are looking for rather than buying them blindly (pardon the pun).
I know what your response will be but some things are better done in person especially when you're talking about a matter of degrees.
In the end I hope that you are happy with the ones that you have en route!

Username Hidden said:
If you are really particular about lens coloring it's best to buy them in person.
Coloration varies so much even within the same batch and in person you can make sure that they are exactly what you are looking for rather than buying them blindly (pardon the pun).
I know what your response will be but some things are better done in person especially when you're talking about a matter of degrees.
In the end I hope that you are happy with the ones that you have en route!
You're right, no doubt. I'm not too particular, I just want some darker than these ruby/fire ones in my current Juliet's.

A few more with the other pair I mentioned.
null_zpsfe213fcb.jpg
null_zpsa8c23559.jpg
null_zps6bc6c941.jpg