• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen Juliet : Titanium/Gold

Android Bill

Oakley Beginner
Hi all. Got a new pair today. 2nd XMetal. I like this finish. Looks very handmade. Serials T013028 so figure thats the 1st gen right? new root beer earstems and shocks. And the guy just had em sent in for maintenance. Got em off ebay. No box or coin but hey, at least they came with the glasses :) Does oakley have this gold lense in polarized? Thanks. Bill
20130509153152.jpg

Congrats! Ti Juliets are underrated IMO...especially the gold iridium lenses they're paired with. Unfortunately, Oakley doesn't sell those lenses in a polarized version, neither do they sell replacements in the same color, its been long discontinued.

no gold polarised, but i think the gen1 Ti juliet is one of the nicest finishes imo. i have both gen1 and gen2 worthwhile to get the Gen2 as well to see the difference in finish, esp compared to Plasma (cool to see the different shades and finishes).

how much did you pay for it?

Thanks for the compliments. I paid a little over 200 for em. Figure with having em sent to oakley for a tune up justified it I know the root beer rubbers cost a bit. I like the lenses too. They have a little bit of wear so maybe one day ill grab some other lenses. Anyone have a good color combo for these frames?

I took a gamble the post post described it as Gunmetal. And no info on the serial. I thought i saw a faint number so bought em. The serial is very faint. I used my camera with the flash to really see em. That finish and the age must have worn it out

$200, good price for Ti's, especially if they have a fresh tune up...nice score. I got mine for a little below $200 locally on CL.

The serials are known to fade early on this particular frame. Take care in preserving the number, that's where the value lies.

If you're thinking about swapping lenses, try VR28 polarized, Titanium or maybe just Black Iridium Polarized...you'd want the attention drawn to the frame more than the lenses.

For sure. I really like the combo. Ill have to keep my eye out for some stock gold lenses. Also. With the serials.. would I do best by just avoiding wiping/ cleaning around there? I took a a picture to keep in case it gets bad.

For sure. I really like the combo. Ill have to keep my eye out for some stock gold lenses. Also. With the serials.. would I do best by just avoiding wiping/ cleaning around there? I took a a picture to keep in case it gets bad.

you want to minimise touching that area, but also, make sure you arent too timid to clean it real good with soap and warm water if any sweat/oil gets on it. i mean, you probably should do it right now if you havent done it yet, then just avoid touching it.

the serial on my gen1 is still pretty clear (got it NIB), but i know of one that had to be held under a certain angle of light to be seen, and another that was completely gone.