• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen Plasma / Titanium restoration

It's currently a coating, not painted. I can make it more durable but would have to use paint... Which is fine as long as you don't use strong chemicals on them. It's one or the other for the time being until I can crack the secret...

Next up: the worst conditioned x-metal I'd ever bought.... an XXTiO2 1st gen that was in a revolting horrific state: gunk, grime and grease everywhere. I'd have donned a HAZMAT suit if I had one! I guess I should have expected the bio-hazard as the frame had ample warnings: heavy black spot black patch corrosion and light yellowing on plasma. I'm NOT looking forward to deal with this one......

DSC_5426.jpg
DSC_5428.jpg
DSC_5429.jpg
DSC_5430.jpg
DSC_5431.jpg
DSC_5432.jpg

Next up: the worst conditioned x-metal I'd ever bought.... an XXTiO2 1st gen that was in a revolting horrific state: gunk, grime and grease everywhere. I'd have donned a HAZMAT suit if I had one! I guess I should have expected the bio-hazard as the frame had ample warnings: heavy black spot black patch corrosion and light yellowing on plasma. I'm NOT looking forward to deal with this one......

View attachment 183358 View attachment 183359 View attachment 183360 View attachment 183361 View attachment 183362 View attachment 183363
That looks just like the 1st Gen Plasma that I bought (nose bridge/pins a little worse for wear though). What the hell are these people using these poor sunglasses for, the gunk that us on them looks like they had fallen in someone's deep frying pan, yuck!!!

That looks just like the 1st Gen Plasma that I bought (nose bridge/pins a little worse for wear though). What the hell are these people using these poor sunglasses for, the gunk that us on them looks like they had fallen in someone's deep frying pan, yuck!!!

Mine came with bite marks on the ear socks... I seriously didn't want to handle it. Yuck.

I've had that before, who the hell chews on the ear stems?!?!
you'll be surprised it's a fairly common bad habit out there in the public. I don't have anything against what people do with their toys, but that's revolting to send a sold item in a disgraced uncleaned manner to the new owner.
/rant

Latest Posts

Back