• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen X-Metal Juliet

Brian Nickell

I should Work at Oakley
Just received my 1st Gen, complete with matching serial, X-Metal Juliet from @saulsaul. It's my personal "holy grail" of Oakleys. The fit is amazing, the condition overall is amazing and the BIP lenses I installed only amplify that. The character and nostalgia of the set is unparalleled and I couldn't be happier. My collection has been bumped up ten notches with the addition of this set. Any purchases in the near future will be devoted to accessorizing this set by way of lenses or cases. I might go as far as to add colored rubbers but I'm not sure yet. For now I am completely satisfied with the "stock" color ways and intend to keep the classic look for a long time.

Just received my 1st Gen, complete with matching serial, X-Metal Juliet from @saulsaul. It's my personal "holy grail" of Oakleys. The fit is amazing, the condition overall is amazing and the BIP lenses I installed only amplify that. The character and nostalgia of the set is unparalleled and I couldn't be happier. My collection has been bumped up ten notches with the addition of this set. Any purchases in the near future will be devoted to accessorizing this set by way of lenses or cases. I might go as far as to add colored rubbers but I'm not sure yet. For now I am completely satisfied with the "stock" color ways and intend to keep the classic look for a long time.

I love your enthusiasm so much. It reminds me of why I love XMetal and fires up my passion!
If you write much more I'm going to be begging you to sell them to me back!

I wish I had the funds to get a single stand so that I can display them on my desk at work when I come in each day!

Nice buy Brian, got to love x-metal Juliets and that's a nice box.

Not wanting to sound hypocritical because I've changed lenses on every pair of x-metal/BI I've had, but I'd probably stick with that colourway. Not all that keen on coloured rubber except on the factory colourways it came on. Though again, mild hypocrisy as I have a carbon pair with Linegear yellow rubbers :)

Thanks @Carrera1963! The colored rubbers, if I decide to do them, are a ways off. I love the metal on black look. It's such a "hard" look. The only change that I'm going to make, when I decide to and get funds, is to get a pair of "X-Men" (Ruby not Fruby) lenses. I love that lens color on the X-Metal. I think it too looks "hard". A better word might be "aggressive".

I wish I had the funds to get a single stand so that I can display them on my desk at work when I come in each day!

That's what I do - I've got a single on my desk where I put whatever I'm wearing that day. I didn't do it for display, though; I wanted to keep the frame from rubbing on the desktop.

A couple of people have thought it strange but for all I care they can go **** themselves.