• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Oakleys

benkerwood

Oakley Beginner
Arkansas
Looking to get my first pair of oakleys. Been wanting some for a while now but just now got the spare money. Not sure what kind I want yet. I'm a ways away from anywhere I could try on any. Any suggestions? Color, style? Thanks!

Go to a O store and spend like 2 hours looking and trying on pairs for sure. X metals, are my personal fav to wear but they bust the budget

What alcapon1 says + If you try shades with nose pieces, ask for other size (Regular/Asian).
Don't buy your 1st Oakley online.

a sure way to kick start a collection is buying an Xmetal. it doesnt end at 1 for sure. the classic way is to grab a juliet.

if you want sport, try on the flak jacket, radar, and RacingJacket. thay all fit slightly differently.

if you want a wireframe, give a crosshair or Deviation s try.

have fun!

I think its a good idea but to play devil's advocate to marc2040's comment "Don't buy your 1st Oakley online."; If you take an interest in X-metals you're going to find it hard to find some in store now. And secondly, if you do buy some online and decide you dont like them you should easily get your money back by selling them on e-bay or wherever.

That said if you're going for a model that isn't discontinued then obviously seeing them first would be sensible.

I wouldnt suggest buying anything online until you try them on first! What may be good fit/style for me may be horrible for you! You put out a very open ended question! And by spare money, how much do you mean....there are some pretty expensive O's out there! The sure answer is find a place that sells Oakleys, try some on, and buy the ones that YOU like best and fit YOUR budget best!

Good luck!

Back