• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2 Petterson's just popped up for Sale - Whoa!

As a collector I wouldn't
I got a pair of somewhat rare glasses from her and she swapped the lenses for after market and claimed they were OEM. I wonder if it will effect the value of the pettersons?
As a collectors of course this is one the most sought after pairs. I would assume that if the lenses were swapped it was because it was used. If they were not and replaced for whatever reason without damaging the paint job I would downgrade the value only slightly. Still a total Grail and no doubt an opportunity. ( if real) I really don't know.

I would not pay 4K regardless but 2k - 2500$ is about where they should be of course that's if they were in new condition as well as the bag and a reasonable account of where they came from could be established.

Last edited:
I guess rare artwork should be cheaper so we can alll have a Van Gogh, Rembrandt or Picasso. :rofl:

I love oakleys, but let's not compare petterson to Picasso. TBH, I think some of the members on here display better craftsmanship on their personal customs than what I see in that picture.

I love oakleys, but let's not compare petterson to Picasso. TBH, I think some of the members on here display better craftsmanship on their personal customs than what I see in that picture.

Maybe so. But Petterson did it first. So people are fallowing the ground work he layed and the history of Oakley. And in that respect its a perfect example of the nature of collectibles, especially for Oakley.