1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. X-Metal Beast

X-Metal Beast Oakley Expert Premium Member

1. What's the purpose of locking the titles on sale/trade/deal threads? I have a thread where I sell many lenses and every so often I need to add, remove or edit, and would like to change the title, but will not allow me to do so. (see screenshot below)
    2. There should be a rule to close the threads once a deal gets done, or the item is no longer for sale or trade. We often see multi year old threads being bumped by someone asking "is this still available?". It just clogs the exchange with old threads.
    2 Thread issues in the exchange - Sale threads.jpg

Last edited: 2/2/16
    YakuzaFloralGangsta likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. YakuzaFloralGangsta

YakuzaFloralGangsta R1 Ninja Premium Member Lifetime Member

I think this only a feature for Premium or Lifetime Members, not 100 % sure

Dallas O Hog and X-Metal Beast like this.
  3. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

I can sometimes change the thread titles, and sometimes not. I am wondering if it has something to do with how long the thread has been posted.

4. X-Metal Beast

As @LinusOBerlin said, it must be because I'm not a Premium member. I guess I will finally go that route. Thx bro

5. YakuzaFloralGangsta

YakuzaFloralGangsta R1 Ninja Premium Member Lifetime Member

Bro consider as well the lifetime membership compare vs the costs for the premium membership ;)

Dallas O Hog and X-Metal Beast like this.
  6. Rusty M

Rusty M Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

To address number 1, yes you need to have a paid subscription for that feature plus many more features. This subscriptions really help keep the lights on here!!

To address number 2, The rules do talk about this:
    • Update Listings - There are many times members will post items for sale in this thread and on Ebay, in other words they are dual posting on separate sites. If you are going to do this and your item sells on another site, please update your listing in the Exchange thread so it can be closed. This makes it easier for members to follow threads and have updates. I will periodically PM sellers to find out if their item has sold, if I see the listing is not getting replies or the seller is not following up on it, by either posting the item is still available, it has been sold, price has been lowered, etc, then the thread will be closed. Thanks!

Read more: Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum

I hope this helps!!

X-Metal Beast likes this.
  7. X-Metal Beast

Thx, yes it does

8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I suggest you move this thread from off-topic to the help section.

YakuzaFloralGangsta likes this.
  9. bean323

bean323 Oakley Collector

not sure why but i was able to modify sales threads, lock and unlock my sale threads..not sure if i can still.. need to sell something...