• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2 X-Man R1's

haha I cannot wait until you see the Juliet it really is that good!!! the plasma rivets are an amzing offset to the matte black. Then ruby is just stunning. It was a good trade!!!

Darn those romeos are really nice bro i always wanted a romeo but its too big 4 me. Nice looking pair the finish and the lenses fits all together.

No those are OEM red Tshox I had from long ago. I sent the frames, lenses, hardware and rubber to X-Man and basically said "surprise me". Those pairs in that configuration is what he sent back I haven't touched them

I really like how they look and I really like how you gave x-man the chance to be creative. Great job!

I do think, though, both those R1s and your long-term vision would be better served with custom cuts over LG (or any 3rd party) lenses.

Please no offense, they do look cool. I'm just a firm believer that Oaks are worth the money because you're not just paying for the brand and the styling, you're paying for material quality. X-metals are special because of the look, materials / performance / durability, and effort to make the frames, but for all Oaks, x-metals included, the most important practical aspect is the lenses through which you see the world, and 3rd party just can't match the optics.

I have to say, though, I don't even have a R1; it's starting to be a minor Holy Grail... Your two are awesome.

Latest Posts

Back