1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

Chaps, whenever I think about what I know to be upcoming in 2013 re: the Frogskins, I get depressed. It's a pair of Nitraids which are 'meh' and the Aquatique series, which is a lazy re-hash of the Summit series. It pains me to have to even write the name Aquatique.

However, we know Oakley will do 3-4 collab releases a year, and we know there will be some new 'series' for summer time. The question is, what are they? Is it worth getting excited about? Samples must be out there somewhere. What have you guys heard on the grapevine?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. zuejal

zuejal Oakley Beginner

how about oakley frogskins classic craftsman collection?

3. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

The Craftsman collection was pretty dope. Saw it at Surf Expo. Did not get the whole scoop. They were hand painted and then sanded down. Saw a Garage Rock, Holbrook, and 2 Frogskins. Also got a look at Twoface and Style Switch coming later this year. I really liked Twoface. seemed a little bigger and more wrapped than Holbrook but with the same shape and feel.

4. jk-27

5. tyler.carr.16

tyler.carr.16 Oakley Beginner

I personally wouldn't mind a chrome series or something thats just "out of the box" lol maybe a splatter series...or wood series?

6. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

The Craftsman collection looks like replica Petterson's.

7. jk-27

Yeah. I've said it many times, Oakley do collabs with various brands which are limited edition and then a little while later they come out with their own stuff that looks a lot like the collab stuff.

8. Carlitocarlin

Carlitocarlin Oakley Beginner

You read my mind there. Although I'm assuming they're not going to be nearly as limited

9. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

I heard rumors abt a second collab with Primitive for a couple of years now. Could this be the year? Ha!

10. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

The annual RA is starts next weekend, so I'm sure some info will come in soon.