• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2014 College Football Season - now for 2015!!!

Wow! The dang Wife found some kids furniture on CL that just had to get picked up today, with my truck... so I missed the 2nd and 3rd quarters of USC / Stanford. But I'm glad I saw the 4th...

It looked like Stanford was guaranteed to get a FG and go overtime, if not a TD and win it. But when they were going for it on 3rd with :30 left, I'm like, "risky... a turnover will kill you..."

And then the QB gets hit and fumbles, USC falls on it, and game over - USC wins...
That was a great game, at least you got to see the end of it. I thought for sure it was going into OT as well

Strong is having to change the whole attitude and culture. Basic training-style - tear down the egos, cut out the bad behavior, and build them back up as a tough team. Enforcing that higher standard has hurt the team's ability to perform short term but should get results long term.

Will it affect recruiting? Maybe, with Sumlin and a&m in the SEC being recruiting competition. I think it really depends on the parents - if a player is coming from a solid family with the parents making the decisions, they're going to like Strong's discipline. But those coming from broken homes with a parent who won't or can't make the choice and leave it up to the player, they're more likely to want to go somewhere more relaxed. We'll see.

But nobody in their right mind expected him to perform magic overnight. It's a pretty safe bet that he'll get three seasons before a lack of results will show him the door. Unless the first two seasons are 1-11 or 2-10 disasters.

Not much on for the 11:00 set of games. I'm watching E. Carolina @ V Tech and UCF @ Missouri; W. Virginia @ Maryland is on a pay channel I don't have. E.Carolina is looking like another upset game but it's still early. The Mizzou game is staying competitive through the 1st half.

A couple of Big 12 / SEC matchups today: Arkansas @ TTech and Tennessee @ OU. Both Big 12 teams are favored but Arkansas has the best chance of pulling an upset.

Our evening game vs. UCLA could end up being just as ugly as last week. And then we play the top two teams in the Big 12, Baylor and OU. It's been a long time since UT started 1 - 4...

was just watching part of the kent ohio game

only care cuz my sister in law teaches at kent and my father in law went to ohio

Man, UT vs. UCLA, what a game, so close - a lead at halftime, taking back the lead late in the 4th. But we still lost, disappointing.

But our guys fought the entire time. It wasn't an embarrassment like last week. I think they can hold their heads up. There was heart there. Which is one of the reasons I prefer CFB over the NFL.

It's still looking like a rough year, though...

i dont follow any team too closely but my wife is a college foot ball nut.

just heard about the playoff seystem that is being set up and it seems a little weird

i dont follow any team too closely but my wife is a college foot ball nut.

just heard about the playoff seystem that is being set up and it seems a little weird

Over time the playoffs are going to expand. The current 4 team setup is better than the whole BCS garbage but there is still room for improvement.

Latest Posts

Back