• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2014 Oakley 2nd Release

So there has now been official word on the R-2 release (second release for 2014) expected sometime in April/May. They are expecting 10 new additions, 7 of them are brand new and 3 are revisions to current styles. I must say I really like everything in the R2 . New styles using carbon fiber and for the first time sheet metal (not trying to take the place of anything high end, just new metal styles). There are 2 new styles that are very cool looking, one of them has already been confirmed on here as the Crankshaft, the other style is completely unique and sporty and I think the best looking of the new OMatter styles. I don't want to release info I am not allowed to hence the reason I am not forethcoming with names. If someone can confirm they know the names then I cant deny them! lol. One of the new lifestyle styles is a cross between a Holbrook, frogskin and a wayfarer. It reminds me of something similar that Electric has and I'm hopeful I like it in person as much as I do on paper. If so, this would be a very cool "beach" style. They are offering all new colors for 2 of the lifestyle revisions that they have never used before (to my knowledge). There is still no official word on what styles they will be teaming up with Ferrari on nor is there any official word on anything big (think X-Metal, Medusa, Over the Top, etc.) I am still hopeful since the PB2 is kinda on the way out (I can only order 1 of the colors now) that they will be announcing something new to fill the "top dog" spot on their SKU list.

So there has now been official word on the R-2 release (second release for 2014) expected sometime in April/May. They are expecting 10 new additions, 7 of them are brand new and 3 are revisions to current styles. I must say I really like everything in the R2 . New styles using carbon fiber and for the first time sheet metal (not trying to take the place of anything high end, just new metal styles). There are 2 new styles that are very cool looking, one of them has already been confirmed on here as the Crankshaft, the other style is completely unique and sporty and I think the best looking of the new OMatter styles. I don't want to release info I am not allowed to hence the reason I am not forethcoming with names. If someone can confirm they know the names then I cant deny them! lol. One of the new lifestyle styles is a cross between a Holbrook, frogskin and a wayfarer. It reminds me of something similar that Electric has and I'm hopeful I like it in person as much as I do on paper. If so, this would be a very cool "beach" style. They are offering all new colors for 2 of the lifestyle revisions that they have never used before (to my knowledge). There is still no official word on what styles they will be teaming up with Ferrari on nor is there any official word on anything big (think X-Metal, Medusa, Over the Top, etc.) I am still hopeful since the PB2 is kinda on the way out (I can only order 1 of the colors now) that they will be announcing something new to fill the "top dog" spot on their SKU list.

As far as Ferrari goes ive seen atleast 9 different frames with the Ferrari logos, a few of the new ones i posted photos below. I have also seen them on Fuel Cell, Jupiter Carbon, Garage Rock ,Style Switch and Two Face

The only other OMatter frames i saw was the new Canteen, the Crankshaft and the Chainlink, Did i miss one?

Chainlink

OO9247-13_chainlink_matte-steel-black-iridium_ferrari.jpg

Canteen
OO9225-06_canteen_matte-black-ruby-iridium-polarized_ferrari.jpg

Carbon Blade
OO9174-06_carbon-zero_carbon-fiber-ruby-iridium_ferraripolarized.jpg

Tincan
OO4082-09_tincan_black-chrome-black-iridium_ferrari.jpg

Crankshaft
oo9239-02_Crankshaft_Blkink-Jade_Irid.jpg

Enduro
oo9223_03_Enduro_Pol_Blk_Ink_Blk_Irid.jpg