1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Sunglass Shack

Sunglass Shack Oakley Enthusiast

So there has now been official word on the R-2 release (second release for 2014) expected sometime in April/May. They are expecting 10 new additions, 7 of them are brand new and 3 are revisions to current styles. I must say I really like everything in the R2 . New styles using carbon fiber and for the first time sheet metal (not trying to take the place of anything high end, just new metal styles). There are 2 new styles that are very cool looking, one of them has already been confirmed on here as the Crankshaft, the other style is completely unique and sporty and I think the best looking of the new OMatter styles. I don't want to release info I am not allowed to hence the reason I am not forethcoming with names. If someone can confirm they know the names then I cant deny them! lol. One of the new lifestyle styles is a cross between a Holbrook, frogskin and a wayfarer. It reminds me of something similar that Electric has and I'm hopeful I like it in person as much as I do on paper. If so, this would be a very cool "beach" style. They are offering all new colors for 2 of the lifestyle revisions that they have never used before (to my knowledge). There is still no official word on what styles they will be teaming up with Ferrari on nor is there any official word on anything big (think X-Metal, Medusa, Over the Top, etc.) I am still hopeful since the PB2 is kinda on the way out (I can only order 1 of the colors now) that they will be announcing something new to fill the "top dog" spot on their SKU list.

Twitch, the piper and Dallas O Hog like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Sunglass Shack

Oh, also to mention, unlike the R1, these are all more mens styled frames.

3. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Might want to reword the title... R2 tends to mean Romeo 2... Confused a bunch of us when a sponsor annonced a new R1 lineup earlier...

Pure disappointment it was! :p

IUSTEVE and i am rich like this.
  4. Sunglass Shack

Yeah, I remember seeing that. It's something us retailers have to remember because it is actually what they call their releases and how we are used to defining them. I'll reword it.

Edit: whoops, I can't change the title. If a mod wants to then please do so.

5. RexxCastle

RexxCastle Oakley Enthusiast

As far as Ferrari goes ive seen atleast 9 different frames with the Ferrari logos, a few of the new ones i posted photos below. I have also seen them on Fuel Cell, Jupiter Carbon, Garage Rock ,Style Switch and Two Face

The only other OMatter frames i saw was the new Canteen, the Crankshaft and the Chainlink, Did i miss one?

Chainlink

2014 Oakley 2nd Release - OO9247-13_chainlink_matte-steel-black-iridium_ferrari.jpg
    Canteen
    2014 Oakley 2nd Release - OO9225-06_canteen_matte-black-ruby-iridium-polarized_ferrari.jpg
    Carbon Blade
    2014 Oakley 2nd Release - OO9174-06_carbon-zero_carbon-fiber-ruby-iridium_ferraripolarized.jpg
    Tincan
    2014 Oakley 2nd Release - OO4082-09_tincan_black-chrome-black-iridium_ferrari.jpg
    Crankshaft
    2014 Oakley 2nd Release - oo9239-02_Crankshaft_Blkink-Jade_Irid.jpg
    Enduro
    2014 Oakley 2nd Release - oo9223_03_Enduro_Pol_Blk_Ink_Blk_Irid.jpg
    Tinfoil
    2014 Oakley 2nd Release - oo4083-04_TinFoil_Pol_Chrome_Ice_Irid.jpg
    Taper
    2014 Oakley 2nd Release - oo4074-01_Taper_Cement_Blk_Irid.jpg

Last edited: 2/18/14
    Sunglass Shack likes this.
  6. JDubs

JDubs Oakley Enthusiast

Dang I thought we were talking about romeos

IUSTEVE, i am rich and Brett28 like this.
  7. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Such a tease. So what does r-2 mean in your vocabulary?

8. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Release 2 I think :s

Sunglass Shack likes this.
  9. RexxCastle

RexxCastle Oakley Enthusiast

Round 2? Release 2?

I work in retail also and some of the abbreviations we see are crazy lol

10. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

K thanks. I was stoked and disappointed for the second time around. It ain't gonna happen on the R 3rd time lol.

Dallas O Hog and Sunglass Shack like this.