• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2014 Oakley 2nd Release

My first thought exactly. Hopefully in person I will love these things more than how I like them on paper. I am iffy on them now but just may love them in person. $350 is quite the price tag though.....

I don't see myself purchasing them at full price or first hand, but I'm very hopeful. They look like a great active/performance pair, lightweight, strong, etc. Although probably not profitable, I may consider them a success pending evaluation.

Whew. Never say never however my feeling is...my wallet is safe for the time being.

Me too. No threat to the wallet from "R-2".

My local vault did get me good this weekend. Or vice versa. Had a BOGO 50% - bought a 5 Squared for my wife for $90, got a JFL half off ($80). Then I got a SI Desert Gas Can for $90, and then another BOGO 50% JFL for another $80. So I got 4 frames - two of which used to be in the premium part of the lineup (JFL) - for just about what they want for one of the new releases... (!?)

Score one for the vault.

Me too. No threat to the wallet from "R-2".

My local vault did get me good this weekend. Or vice versa. Had a BOGO 50% - bought a 5 Squared for my wife for $90, got a JFL half off ($80). Then I got a SI Desert Gas Can for $90, and then another BOGO 50% JFL for another $80. So I got 4 frames - two of which used to be in the premium part of the lineup (JFL) - for just about what they want for one of the new releases... (!?)

Score one for the vault.

Great deals on JFL's! Which colors you get?

And the trend of naming new models after classic models continues. It just kills me because none of these have been true updates; just stealing name-fame off prior models.

And the trend of naming new models after classic models continues. It just kills me because none of these have been true updates; just stealing name-fame off prior models.
True. To me this is another blatant way of showing the lack of creativity going on. I will admit that I haven't been excited by many frames since 2007 however there were a few that I did get behind and enjoyed (fuel cell, x squared, etc.) but at least they came up with new and unique names for those. Now we are not only getting consistently more bland styling each year but they are now trying to recycle names of classic Oakley styles, most of which, I might add, were uniquely Oakley and slapping them on to these models. Kind of diminishing the classic. I'm not bashing the mass marketing as I'm sure they have reasons for doing what they are doing but as a fan it is extremely disappointing to see this going on.

Latest Posts

Back