• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2017 1st Quarter Release (sneak peak)

@max4321 if this is true, that makes a lot of sense!
Honestly, I'm cool with whatever. However, I can tell you retraining my whole staff that already struggled with the old names won't be fun at all.
;(
Even if it is easier overall to understand lol. We'll see!

Dann over on o-review gave an interesting take:
"Might be some, but since the HDO patent lapsed, this is their way of having their own lenses be unique. The Sport lenses already moved over:
[inserted from 2 lines above] That should be the start of the eventual Prizm takeover. The rest should follow R1 / R2 next year.
Persimmon > Prizm Trail
OO Red > Prizm Road
Shallow/Deep Water > Prizm Fresh/Salt Water
VR## > TR##
G30 > Prizm Golf
Lifestyle Lenses started with Prizm Daily which was the evolution of OO Grey. Prizm Daily is the lens name, but the base name will now be Prizm Universal. This will replace the standard grey on Black, Jade, Sapphire. Not sure what bronze will end up being for the non-iridium, Gold, and Fire.
We also saw Goggles do the same. Previously VR28 was used in lieu of grey, so Snow Black Iridium was Black Iridium + VR28. Now the base became Prizm Rose, and the Black, Torch, Sapphire, & Jade have that."

Which kinda makes sense when you think about it. For those not mad about Oakley, attempting to understand what all 25+lenses are and why there's no difference between +red and grey, but there is between +red and fire (as far as base color) isn't simple nor easy to remember and probably inhibits online sales. This way you know that all prizm universal sunglasses are the same to look through, just different colors on the outside, and I imagine the same will go for all future lenses. So prizm universal jade = base lens color(prizm universal)+external color(jade)

I agree with the sentiment of simplicity. That was something I liked in terms of marketing when it was first introduced. It just simplified decision making.

For snow goggles, I believe Oakley's attempt to differentiate the variants was LT, which is fair game imo.

I agree with the sentiment of simplicity. That was something I liked in terms of marketing when it was first introduced. It just simplified decision making.

For snow goggles, I believe Oakley's attempt to differentiate the variants was LT, which is fair game imo.

Afaik prizm torch, sapphire and jade (in goggles) are more or less identical regarding LT and view when looking through them (they look different and choice is mostly based on which look one prefers imho). The base on these is less pink than Prizm rose, but all are pink (just more with rose) the new Prizm Pink has higher LT than all the others and seems less pink than Prizm rose (Oakley rep said it is going to replace HI yellow). Prizm black is like a darker torch etc.

Oakley has had a huge selection of lenses and iridium colors and they might want to slim it down a bit...

Back