• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24 Hours Of Darkness....Forum Crash

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
So, I imagine a lot of you are wondering what happened to the forum over the past 24 hours. It was definitely the longest period of downtime we have ever experienced in 2+ years. I can tell you for me it felt like ages!!!

So what happened? Did the forum get hacked, maintenance what?

None of the above. It just crashed.

I was doing making some minor changes monday night, when all of a sudden I got a database error followed by a fatal error, which was odd considering I wasn't doing anything related to either.

After looking up the error, the recommendations were to update some software on the server. I contacted the hosting company and got it updated, but it still didn't work. The best part was the error we were getting was supposedly IMPOSSIBLE in the version of server software were running :errwhat:.

So, after spending 12+ hours trying to rebuild it, I got a new sever online, which is 50% faster than the old one and setup the site....and got the same error, but this time I was able to actually fix it!!

:) I can honestly say the last 24 hours has felt like a week, and all I can say is....I need a beer!!!

Cheers to everybody, and please accept my sincerest apologies for the downtime!

Loll. Well now it should be even faster! :)

*Update* The beer was good.

Now, I can get back to making improvements and adding features you guys want. I intend to add some requested features this weekend....and not crash the board :behindsofa:

Latest Posts

Back