• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k gold electroplate on my Oakley x squared x metal

I just sent my x squared into oakley for a tune up before i have them plated in 24k gold . are there any help full hints to getting this done well ?
Welcome to the forum.

In advance I'm going to say I'm sorry for your loss.

I wish you the best of luck in getting your X-Squared returned to you.

The best hint would have been joining here first prior to sending them anywhere to ask for the advice.

was just told of this forum tuesday by a guy who was selling a pair he done in 24k on ebay . anyway why would i not get them back ? . is there a right way to do a electroplate ? is there something better ? thank you for the reply

Sorry to say but there have been horror stories of these items getting "lost".

I would say @THE X-MAN would have been you best bet for tightening.

ok so i messed up i did contact the xman before i sent them to oakley and asked about 24k plateing and he said you plate them and i will assemble them that was it ! he wont plate in gold or cant ? do you know what happens when they are lost ? am i out the $500.00 i payed ?

i have sent in over 5 pairs over the last 10 years and no problems . but never x squared with a bad nose bridge screw . going to call in the morning to see what can be done to get them back before work is done . are you serious ? 25 % off i get more in coupons in my email .

Latest Posts

Back