• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k gold electroplate on my Oakley x squared x metal

They will probably come back safely. Considering the number of frames sent in the number that get lost is probably low. They are a bit hit and miss on the quality of work while the X-man is flawless. I've had my frames fixed free by Oakley, but the last Juliets they did weren't very good.

Like X said above; why tune first? You'll want them taken apart for the plating...

Welcome to the forum. Hope it all works out for you. XS is a great frame. Post some pics when you get it plated.

Last visit up to HQ they were completely out of replacement xs nose bridge screws. If they come back and were not able to replace the screw contact me I have a couple spare ones around. Also on the gold plating I can do an anodizing that is reasonably close to the oem 24k finish. It is tougher than gold plating and will never have to worry about it flaking off.

yes zwc0442 i stripped the screw . needs a lazer welder to remove ! i hope at least they can do that ! they have replacement screws on ebay and i like the feel of real gold any way the guy who is doing this for me says a light layer of copper will help the gold 24k real stick . does he know something about metallurgy we dont ?

Back