• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k gold electroplate on my Oakley x squared x metal

getting a brand new pair of x squared from Oakley amazingly enough they had some in stock ! ? i had totally stripped the titanium and they offered a new pair for just $100I am a do it your self guy ! so im going to purchase a
Plug N' Plate® Nickel/Gold Kit
from Caswell . first step dismantle fully and polish in a rock tumbler ! does any one know what grit is what i want to be using ? then im plating with a brush a nickel and then the gold . do need to do something to stop the gold from going in the screw holes with something ? or is the light coat not enough to matter . does any one have any other helpful hints ?. thank you

Congrats on your new frame. I'd advise against modding your brand new frame... it sounds such a waste. You're better off selling it and buy an old xs or beat up juliet frames for experimental work. Some mistakes can't be undone and you've already had some awesome luck with Oakley... don't want that sort of luck to run out and you end up with a paperweight ;)

Congrats on your new frame. I'd advise against modding your brand new frame... it sounds such a waste. You're better off selling it and buy an old xs or beat up juliet frames for experimental work. Some mistakes can't be undone and you've already had some awesome luck with Oakley... don't want that sort of luck to run out and you end up with a paperweight ;)
I concur.

chris morrison, post: 658516, member: 15746"]i sell on ebay a lot ! i thought of selling the new frame but was not sure if i would make enough to buy old beat up ones ? i dont have lenses for the x squared i have coming either . it seems like a lot of investment to just do what i want . what would a new frame no lenses x metal go for $$$ ? my last pair cost 330$ . i want a pair of 24k gold x squared and im to broke to get the real thing . took me 6 months and 3 ice cream cakes to come up with the cash for the 1 pair . megahurtz is my user name on ebay i sell rare Oakley items form the north west

chris morrison, post: 658516, member: 15746"]i sell on ebay a lot ! i thought of selling the new frame but was not sure if i would make enough to buy old beat up ones ? i dont have lenses for the x squared i have coming either . it seems like a lot of investment to just do what i want . what would a new frame no lenses x metal go for $$$ ? my last pair cost 330$ . i want a pair of 24k gold x squared and im to broke to get the real thing . took me 6 months and 3 ice cream cakes to come up with the cash for the 1 pair . megahurtz is my user name on ebay i sell rare Oakley items form the north west

Oh for the love of the Oakley vintage gods, how about I just send you a 24k done up pair and you just send me the supposedly mint frame. Surely you can afford $10 CONUS ship?

do it your self NO ! not a great idea !
have a professional do it eha ! maybe .
now this is what i like ! how does all this work ?
I was told Friday morning they would ship out Fri or Mon depending on processing. i have never dealt out side of ebay ?
anyway when mera loma i believe that was his name gives a tracking i will throw it up here !
straight trade ? curious 24k gold electroplate ? or anodized ? what application would we trade for ?
how are we both protected ? thank you so much .

Post a "want to trade" thread in the exchange and I'll guide you through the process. The deal would be PayPal protected

Back