• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k Lens Vs. Gold Iridium Lens?

Sundalo

I should Work at Oakley
WPB, FL.
Is there a difference on those two lenses? Is the 24k Iridium more "blingy" than the Gold one. Checked oakley.com and the gold looks more like brown/tungsten iridium. Can anybody post pics side by side? Much appreciated. I actually have a 24k lenses for my xmetal xx but haven't seen Gold iridium in real life.

jamy9a3a.jpg

Yes, there's a difference. Gold iridium is a darker lens. There's a good amount of variation in the brilliance of the gold, but for the most part I believe it's basically a Bronze lens with iridium, similar to how a Black Iridium is just a grey lens with iridium.

The 24k is a lot brighter in appearance with a more even coloring and a little more yellow in the color. This also causes the "base" tint to fall somewhere between the green-looking Fire and the brown-looking Gold.

Yes, there's a difference. Gold iridium is a darker lens. There's a good amount of variation in the brilliance of the gold, but for the most part I believe it's basically a Bronze lens with iridium, similar to how a Black Iridium is just a grey lens with iridium.
Thanks for the pics. Very, very helpful.
Yes, there's a difference. Gold iridium is a darker lens. There's a good amount of variation in the brilliance of the gold, but for the most part I believe it's basically a Bronze lens with iridium, similar to how a Black Iridium is just a grey lens with iridium. The 24k is a lot brighter in appearance with a more even coloring and a little more yellow in the color. This also causes the "base" tint to fall somewhere between the green-looking Fire and the brown-looking Gold.

Thanks guys, lol idk why oakley calls it gold if it looks like brown. Color seems very identical to my Tungsten iridium polar on my jupiter squared.

Tungsten iridium polar is my absolute favorite lens hands down. I have a set being made for my r1 from Dr.chop

Hi everyone!
Is it a 24k iridium lens or another one?
70930313b12ca13e2a91ab21e5bcaf92.jpg

9dc5ebd87f93bed4f7922c03a81e54a5.jpg

Attachments

• 70930313b12ca13e2a91ab21e5bcaf92.jpg
    70930313b12ca13e2a91ab21e5bcaf92.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 997
  • 9dc5ebd87f93bed4f7922c03a81e54a5.jpg
    9dc5ebd87f93bed4f7922c03a81e54a5.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,212
Back