1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. gs300

gs300 Oakley Collector

I am looking at a pair of XX x and seller says they need paint repair and nose tightened up and new lens. Would this be a wise buy for these for $200? I am totally new to the metals

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. sunpoh

sunpoh Oakley Enthusiast

If you are talking about the ones on ebay, i would say no. The paint is almost impposible to paint back on. So yeah...

3. gs300

gs300 Oakley Collector

yeah I put a max bid of 25 on them. He wants 200 for them I just emailed him a breakdown of costs. I'll see what he has to say now LOL. My buddy said he should be able to paint them he is a custom airbrush painter. They aren't getting more that 25 from me for these glasses

4. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

To be honest I wouldn't pay $200, but I doubt you will ge them for $25. Someone is still probably gonna pay more than $125 for them but I doubt they will go for under $100.00.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

well said Jive. the 24k is a powdercoat and not paint, so painting it would not be doing it justice. plus, needing those lenses which go for $100+ nowadays.. really isnt worth much more than $50 tbh.. although someone out there will want these bad enough to fork out the money..

6. xmetalfreak

xmetalfreak Oakley Beginner

lenses for the xx are available on the oakley site. i just bought new lenses for my tio2 xx $65.

7. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

Yes they are....you can get Black Iridium or 24K Iridium for $65.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

aha good to know. figured they were discontinued so long that i didnt think to check the O site.