• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k - Worth Its Weight In Gold?

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
I understand that, which I came to this forum for guidance, which I got a few difference answers on. I figured my price was fair, for myself and the buyer. I'm not selling on ebay I'm selling to enthusiasts, and I figured more folks would have helped me out, instead I'm just getting criticized, after I have already made the listing, so now I just look like an idiot. Apparently this is true. Someone PM me a price you want to pay, and I will consider your offer. Simple as that. Or I can media blast them, throw them in the laser etcher, put a nice serial on them, and buy a box and BAM I just made $500.

No one made this a personal attack against you @edouglas. You asked for advice and it was readily given. You chose to disregard that advice and list them as you saw fit. That was just "wasting our time".

Sorry for losing my cool, I'm just trying to get these sold, I could use the money. I apologize for sounding like a fool.

Don't sweat it man, it's like anything in life. A particular item of anything could be worth a fortune, but is actually worthless if no-one wants it.
To the right person, with the funds & if they've been hunting those Ducati's down for a while and it's exactly the condition they want etc. etc. ....$550.00 might seem like a steal.

Getting back on track, why and when did the xs and juliet explode in value, I saw some a couple of months ago for $750

Getting back on track, why and when did the xs and juliet explode in value, I saw some a couple of months ago for $750
Dis-continuation mainly. And then the ability to bring a "beater" pair back to pristine condition with a "tune-up" and the purchase of new lenses.
7-8 years ago an accurately described rough pair of juliet's could be barely given away on e-Bay due to the amount/volume/variety of new pairs still available...now...different story. Pretty much ANYTHING will sell. And an accurately described BNIB or LNIB...phew, frightening prices!
Glad I got all mine years ago. I guess it's much like anything, supply & demand.
Side note - was it yourself that had those White Montoya Gascan's for sale?

Back