• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"24k X-Metal XX Juliet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been buying oakley for 16 years don't tell me juliets arent female glasses, thats why they make the lenses more narrow. Romeo was marketed for men, Juliet was marketed for women. Please don't go around saying otherwise, thanks

As far as I'm concerned, the entire original X-Metal line was marketed at men. There are a few lovely ladies out there who wear X-metals, but they are few and far between. I'm afraid you are misinformed.

Yep - Juliets are for men. According to Oakley founder Jim Jannard, the name is to pair with the Romeo, not inspired by Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" but instead the cigar brand "Romeo y Julieta" (which itself is inspired by Shakespeare's work so the connection is still there, but once removed). Nothing to do with target market gender.

In fact, during the production of the x-metal line, Juliets were by far the most popular / successful and were produced longer than any other x-metal, which is why there's so many out there. Marketed to, bought, and worn by men.

Heck, there's marketing material with Michael Jordan wearing Juliets. Are you calling Michael Jordan a woman?

MJJuliet.jpg

I been buying oakley for 16 years don't tell me juliets arent female glasses, thats why they make the lenses more narrow. Romeo was marketed for men, Juliet was marketed for women. Please don't go around saying otherwise, thanks
So wrong. Just so wrong. What ever gave you the idea that the Juliets were marketed towards women? I would love to hear why

You're a special kind of stupid. I've read your post. What an arrogant ass. Obviously know nothing about Oakley if you think they are female specific glasses. You may have been buying Oakley for 16 years but you know nothing. Now, go put on your Badman and get to steppin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back