• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale 24K X-Squared BNIB price reduced to $1400

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Yep and at only triple the original price... If only I had awesome hindsight, I would have bought all the pairs they has at the Time Square O store.

GL on EBay OP.
But you didn't .....

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
But you didn't .....

Very good... I wasn't anticipating it turning into a bunch of DB's trying to triple their money from collectors... I should have though considering that is what happens in all aspects of collecting at one point or another... That is also what happened to this forum, those same DB's joined and act as if they give two ****es about Oakley or collecting and contribute absolutely nothing to the group other than their awesomely overpriced glasses that they see listed on Ebay and assume people actually pay that for them...

But you're right, I didn't do that...

$1400 is the price the last two 24k X2 has sold for and there is no more scalping rule anymore so whats up with all the dirty mackin goin on this thread?

Well ... The original poster had did his homework and asked around before posting a price which was what most people thought was a "fair" price. But some guy wants to come and expect a collectors piece to be at a price which it was originally sold for. For me, it's just simple economics on supply and demand. It's a rare item and well some might have the foresight to hoard it or what ever and it's their decision... But I don't think anyone would appreciate them being called DB when they decide to sell their collection for some cash. You never know what they might need the cash for...

I would like to start off by saying I am not in on these glasses and have no interest in getting the price lowered or how much they sell for or who buys them. A seller should get whatever a collector is willing to pay for the piece. The value of a product is always driven by what an individual is willing to pay for it. Regarding this particular pair, I feel calling them mint and asking a fair price for what is considered a mint pair of 24K XS, is a little high. This pair has a major flaw. Even if it came from the factory with the flaw, it is a flaw non the less. Mint condition = Pristine condition, free of any flaws or defects, it does not denote simply an unopened or unworn piece, from a collection / collector standpoint. This piece has a major flaw in the 24k finish. The value, from a collector standpoint has to take into account that flaw. I would rate the frame at the very most a 9/10 and most likely 8-8.5 / 10 based on that flaw. Ask anyone who deals in collecting things such as figurines or cards or comic books. The value is not purely based on never having been used. the value is based on things such as minor imperfections, dye lots, color fading, etc. A piece that is pristine, with no imperfections will always draw a higher value. An average pair that is still unused will set the standard for the market value for a so called mint piece and a below average pair, depending on the flaws or imperfections will always be below what the standard value is. I am not saying $1400 is an unfair price for these glasses as I am not familiar enough with the market. I am simply stating the buyer has to be willing to pay $1400 for a pair that has an imperfection and they may not be willing to do so, if they feel they can get a pair without that imperfection, even at a slightly higher price.

Why are you guys posting this in his thread? If you don't like it move on its his right to set his price. Come on IJS

Username Hidden said:
Why are you guys posting this in his thread? If you don't like it move on its his right to set his price. Come on IJS

I believe I stated he has every right to set his price. He can ask $6,000 for the glasses. Last I checked this was a forum and just because you start a thread doesn't mean others cannot post to your thread and have a discussion or express an opinion. The world wide caliphate has not taken effect just yet and there is still freedom of speech, I believe.

Username Hidden said:
I believe I stated he has every right to set his price. He can ask $6,000 for the glasses. Last I checked this was a forum and just because you start a thread doesn't mean others cannot post to your thread and have a discussion or express an opinion. The world wide caliphate has not taken effect just yet and there is still freedom of speech, I believe.
But when 4 lettered words get thrown in and "contributions to the forum" gets questioned, isnt that just taking things a little too far? I mean do I need a holiday named after me just to be able to sell a pair of shades here?

Username Hidden said:
But when 4 lettered words get thrown in and "contributions to the forum" gets questioned, isnt that just taking things a little too far? I mean do I need a holiday named after me just to be able to sell a pair of shades here?

I did not throw any four letter words around or question any ones contributions to this forum. I simply stated my opinion as to what BNIB and Mint condition is. I also stated the market and the willingness of the buyer will dictate whether or not a piece will sell at the asking price or not. I never stated he cannot ask any price he feels like asking or value his piece at whatever he feels the value is. I simply stated it does not matter what he values the piece at, the condition and the buyer will dictate whether or not it sells.

Username Hidden said:
I did not throw any four letter words around or question any ones contributions to this forum. I simply stated my opinion as to what BNIB and Mint condition is. I also stated the market and the willingness of the buyer will dictate whether or not a piece will sell at the asking price or not. I never stated he cannot ask any price he feels like asking or value his piece at whatever he feels the value is. I simply stated it does not matter what he values the piece at, the condition and the buyer will dictate whether or not it sells.
I understand your point of view there. It was another guys comments I was questioning in backing up GS's comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.