1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

NEW OAKLEY X METAL XX #XG009683#, 24K GOLD Iridium lens # serial 1 generation | eBay

I don't see how the buyer won't be disappointed at that price. The box looks less than 10/10 and interesting that somehow this seller has been getting top dollar recently. Hard to imagine without shill bidding.

He had a pair of Polished JB's go for a little over $400, a Crater in a mismatched box (yet he says "original box" and says that these too are new). I am not looking down my nose either, I bought the pair of Ichiros yesterday that he had listed but it was a custom that I could use to make some other stuff complete. At least that one he included the word "custom" but even without that I would have been OK because I knew exactly what I was doing. I hope that folks bidding on his other stuff is too but I don't think so with a XX 24K over $900. Then again if you are running a scam as a buyer it really doesn't matter what you pay for something.

Just thoughts...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Hopefully it was his alternate account/shill bidder that won the auction.

3. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

i have been looking at this seller's items and bids. i have noticed that there are multiple bids on most of his items from the same zero feedback buyer. i reported him for shill bidding using another account. his items are nice and all, but too highly priced.

4. CarGuy

Well then I hope that I got him by sniping him.

5. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

what do you mean? i do not really understand the concept of sniping on ebay....is it suppose to go against his shill bidding practices?:blink::blink::blink:

6. CarGuy

Sniping is waiting until the waning seconds to place a bid on an item. Sellers generally get less when an item is sniped since there is little opportunity for another bid from another bidder.
    Probably what you do already but call it something different?

7. jcesl2

jcesl2 Oakley Enthusiast

Just got relisted. Apparently the last buyer decided not to pay $919 for it.

8. CarGuy

Shill bidding fail?

9. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

That's what I was thinking... The winner didn't have much in the way of feedback. Doesn't confirm anything but obviously coincidental.

10. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

You can see if its a shill bid by looking at his completed auctions and reviewing the bidders, if you start to see a pattern then viola' I have done this this with numerous sellers. I actually found some sellers have multiple accounts and use them to drive prices up, then they back out of the transaction, seller gets fees back and then they leave feedback for each other.