• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24K XX

RoTors

I am Jim Jannard...
My 24K XX collection. Enjoy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Awesome collections, mate!

newbie here on these lovely blings, but what are the differences on the orbital colours, does it have something to do with which generation they belong? can anyone educate me on these?

Here is a quick update.

I asked @Ry.1982 to perform his magic on the last 24k XX, some time ago. If you look closely at pics of the last XX above, the 24k bridge and arms needed touching up.

He polished the 24k and nickel plated and cleared the orbitals. Here is the outcome...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Awesome collections, mate!

newbie here on these lovely blings, but what are the differences on the orbital colours, does it have something to do with which generation they belong? can anyone educate me on these?

The difference you see in the initial pics aren't due to generation differences. One has a slight tarnish to the plasma which is common in some of the earlier gen plasmas if not cleaned regularly.

The middle XX is a good example of how plasma should look, on XXs.

The bottom was a custom on the orbitals. The OEM plasma was taken off and blasted to have a more Xmetal finish. But now, it has a brighter slightly polished finish to it. Very happy with the outcome.