1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. peelz

peelz Oakley Beginner

I shall be receiving my first set of wire framed oakleys any day now.....well maybe next week thanks to this ridiculous snow.

my wife scored me a set of crosshairs... but... I am curious if she bought the same pair I tried on at the dept. store. I tried them, looked at the tag and saw "crosshair" not sure if i saw a 2.0 or not... then I was eyeballing them online. next thing I know, she wins an auction LOL. (yay wifey)

anyone have a pic with all 3 versions in the same shot? color combo not an issue! Just lens shape/size

MASSIVE internet karma for someone that can help ;)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I don't have all three but the 2.0 is the 2.0, it's not labeled just "Crosshair". I've only ever seen it "Crosshair 2.0"

That said there are subtle, but significant differences between the original and the 2012 release of the Crosshair. If you wanted the latter, the former may slightly upset you. Or at least make you appear upset.

Davemro likes this.
  3. peelz

peelz Oakley Beginner

yeah thats kinda what I am thinking..... well see. pretty sure they WEREN'T 2.0's. based on size...

4. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Crosshair (2012) FTW. 2.0 doesn't even compare.

5. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

6. V2oak

V2oak Oakley Man from Manila

7. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

And don't forget the Crosshair S ;-)

8. estrex

estrex Oakley Beginner

is that true that crosshair was made in china ?
    i just bought Titanium-Tungsten Iridium Polarized SKU# OO6014-01 on ebay
    and i found out this letter "china" on the frame

9. V2oak

V2oak Oakley Man from Manila

I don't see mine with china, I have the 1st edition of ducati crosshair and polished gold crosshair-s and still don't see any china markings. It feels bad that some oakley glasses is made in china. The reason why Im buying these glasses aside from their unique designs, is that they are made in the USA. I know that some of their RX frames are made in china, don't know about the new crosshair?

10. peelz

peelz Oakley Beginner

Pretty sure the set she scored are 2012's :)

They look sweet... But can't shake the feeling that it was 2.0's I tried on, because if memory serves (which it usually doesnt) they had a bright metal frame, and chrome lookin lens...Reg crosshair doesn't appear available with that "polished chrome" frame, while 2.0 is.
    I'm excited to find out what I'm gettin LOL. My wife seems upset about it...like i'd be mad about gettin a new set of shades =\

Worst case I look dumb and go for the 2.0's. anyone want some 2012's and fancy a trade? LOLOLOL
    Thanks for the responses gents!