• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3-D

I think gascans are staying they're cheap affordable classic oakley pair. I think 3d gascan as far as a business stand point why make just a single pair for only one use. The way Oakley is heading with all the switch lock technology they're adding into the mix why not make a style switch that comes with a 3d lens and a black iridium lens. This is what the style switch needs and I'm sure more people would be a heck of a lot more enticed to buy them and try them at the theater if they could then wear them out after switching the lens and drive home in "Sorry for grammatical errors typing on iPhone"

I think gascans are staying they're cheap affordable classic oakley pair. I think 3d gascan as far as a business stand point why make just a single pair for only one use. The way Oakley is heading with all the switch lock technology they're adding into the mix why not make a style switch that comes with a 3d lens and a black iridium lens. This is what the style switch needs and I'm sure more people would be a heck of a lot more enticed to buy them and try them at the theater if they could then wear them out after switching the lens and drive home in "Sorry for grammatical errors typing on iPhone"
I see your point. I can't comment on if they are discontinuing the 3-D Gascan or not as I personally have no knowledge of it....

Yeah me neither its all just speculation but when they're in the discounted/ discontinued case at the local vault you tend to think about the next step

All I can say is wearing those glasses watching 3-d is totallt different. Been missing out!

i don't think Oakley would would do a 3d in a frame as the style switch. Why? Because its not a money make idea. Why make a frame that you can easily switch the lens. Yes you can switch them in any frame, but most "Joe's" are not going to go to that trouble. By putting 3d in a switch frame your losing money. they can make more money by letting them be a stand alone frame. Also i think going that route would not make them as collectable. That's just my opinion. As far as discontinuing the Gascan, i don't think Oakley would do that at this time. its to popular amongst the no-collectors. three most common frames i always see one people Gascans, Oil rigs, fuel cells. I hope they keep it on the Gascan. my opinion on the 3D theme is i wish Oakley would release more, there slow at coming out with them. i have the complete set but i want more......

I would understand the generic 3d gascans.... But not standard gascans

They're clearing out the Tin Tin and Hobbit pairs because the hype of the movie is over. People would have bought them to go see the movie with, and secondarily as collectors. Not many people are going to pay full price right now for a Tin Tin or Hobbit pair of 3D glasses.

I doubt the sales on 3D pairs is all that great in the first place. A cool special edition for collectors, but a LOT of money for the average Joe to throw down on a 1-time use pair. Especially since they chose some not-so-popular movies with the two mentioned.

A Style Switch is actually a good idea. Sell the special edition pair that can be used after the movie is over, and at future movies? Yeah, I might be in for one of those instead of a 3D-only Gascan that doesn't fit me all that well to begin with.

They're clearing out the Tin Tin and Hobbit pairs because the hype of the movie is over. People would have bought them to go see the movie with, and secondarily as collectors. Not many people are going to pay full price right now for a Tin Tin or Hobbit pair of 3D glasses.

I doubt the sales on 3D pairs is all that great in the first place. A cool special edition for collectors, but a LOT of money for the average Joe to throw down on a 1-time use pair. Especially since they chose some not-so-popular movies with the two mentioned.

A Style Switch is actually a good idea. Sell the special edition pair that can be used after the movie is over, and at future movies? Yeah, I might be in for one of those instead of a 3D-only Gascan that doesn't fit me all that well to begin with.

Wait did you just say the Hobbit was a no so popular movie?

Out of the 4 special edition 3d glasses the least popular would be Tin Tin. Hell I would even say Tron was less popular than the Hobbit. Im pretty sure the Hobbit did the best out of all 4 movies.

Back