• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3 Pairs Heading In From EBay

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Snagged a set of Blades, this will be my first, so they hopefully fit. Decent price as long as the condition is good.

Second is a Monster Doggle! Black with grey polarized. I've wanted a grey polar lens for a while, and been on the lookout for a Doggle. I had a pup, which was obviously way too small for me, never warmed up to the fit of the Dog after trying them on a few times. Hopefully the Doggle cures my Monster needs! Slightly vague description, but there's always buyer protection, right?

And last, and most excitedly, is the Four S in black with Fire! I wore a pair of these on a trip through Bavaria and Paris in high school, borrowed from a friend. I've longingly wanted them for nostalgia, even if they fit for ****. Like new condition though. I missed a pair a few months ago and regretting that had cemented my desire to get a pair, so I didn't wait and did the buy-it-now on these.

Buying new pairs is so much more exciting than getting another colorway of a pair you already have!

Monster Dogs are by far the most comfortable frame I have ever worn. You will not be disappointed.

The excitement builds. Shipping notice on the Blades...

But the Doggle is marked "flate rate envelope, Jan 24-25th". Are you ****ing kidding me? And envelope, and more than a week to ship it? I feel worse and worse about that one each time I look at it.

Oh boy. The only thing that goes through my mind when I think flat rate envelope is all the boxes that are gonna be on top of it and squish it.

Ill be praying for ya. :sad:

The excitement builds. Shipping notice on the Blades...

But the Doggle is marked "flate rate envelope, Jan 24-25th". Are you ****ing kidding me? And envelope, and more than a week to ship it? I feel worse and worse about that one each time I look at it.

dude that sucks. hopefully they're wrapped well

Snagged a set of Blades, this will be my first, so they hopefully fit. Decent price as long as the condition is good.

Second is a Monster Doggle! Black with grey polarized. I've wanted a grey polar lens for a while, and been on the lookout for a Doggle. I had a pup, which was obviously way too small for me, never warmed up to the fit of the Dog after trying them on a few times. Hopefully the Doggle cures my Monster needs! Slightly vague description, but there's always buyer protection, right?

And last, and most excitedly, is the Four S in black with Fire! I wore a pair of these on a trip through Bavaria and Paris in high school, borrowed from a friend. I've longingly wanted them for nostalgia, even if they fit for ****. Like new condition though. I missed a pair a few months ago and regretting that had cemented my desire to get a pair, so I didn't wait and did the buy-it-now on these.

Buying new pairs is so much more exciting than getting another colorway of a pair you already have!

Nice to see you've grabbed the Fours.

Not mine :sad:
s9caxlr8.png

All 3 are in! Sorry for the bad pics. I'm working long hours and weekends, I haven't cut my hair in weeks, the beard is getting scraggly from letting it get to "winter length" and not keeping it kept at all. Plus we haven't seen much sun, or I'm working predawn to postdusk most days. The front camera on my phone doesn't like taking indoor pictures with bad lighting.

The Blades came in first. The frame is cracked, and the lenses are pretty rough. The seller agreed to take them back, which saves me the hassle of trying to sell them at a loss. They didn't fit too well, either, but that's beside the point. They were described as "gently used" and with a few scratches, no a crack and what looks like concrete rash on the frames, and hazy lenses from the iridium taking a pounding for twenty years.
th_7FC4AF82-2AF2-4954-9969-3D22D05DAB23-65266-000047F8FDC167EF.jpg

Then the Four S. These are purely for nostalgia, so it doesn't matter that they have terrible coverage. Like I said before, these were borrowed from a friend on a trip to Munich, into the Black Forest, Switzerland, and Paris when I had no other sunglasses. Fun memories, and now I have a piece in my case that reminds me of that great trip. This pair is 9.5/10, great shape and no marks to speak of on the polished black frame.
596595C2-A0A1-40A1-9B88-0C9A77F80C64-65266-000047F8F6B3FC4B.jpg

And the pic from Schloss Neuschwanstein
RedSpecs.jpg

And last is the Monster Doggles. Before, I said I was leery due to the lack of details and the flat rate envelope shipping method. Turns out the Fours shipped in an envelope without so much as a bag to protect them and the Doggles came in a box, nicely wrapped and padded. There's some wear from exposure to skin oils on the insides of the stems, but no other major flaws.
82438E54-6A96-4853-9103-0504181EFF0C-65266-000047FBF7F43B6C.jpg

Back