• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

$30 tool to tighten nosebridges yourself..

$30 to fix yourself
Priceless when you have to send to @THE X-MAN to fix the damage you've done.

:)

True. Going to practice on some beater pairs. With some padding or cloth to protect the finish, it shouldn't be that difficult. With the tool, total cost to tighten a frame would be around $20 or so, including the pins and flex coupler.

I got one of these about a year and a half ago. It works fine but you'll notice the pointy end will ruin the first 3-4 pins before it flattens out and then cups around the pin. This also tells you how soft the metal tip is. Over time mine has bent out of whack and I've had to file it down to avoid going in crooked. This leads to the taper getting too wide to go far enough into the nose bridge making you pull the pin the rest of the way out. That's where I am now. I need a new push rod thing for it. I don't know how many I've done but it's a lot and I've only punched through one nose bridge and ruined the first 5 or 6 pins. Pretty good odds I guess.

It's the same one that LG sells but half the price. Alliexpress also sells it if you're ebay weary.

Also, go with OXM Parts for pins and flex couplers and save yourself time, money, and a headache.

I got one of these about a year and a half ago. It works fine but you'll notice the pointy end will ruin the first 3-4 pins before it flattens out and then cups around the pin. This also tells you how soft the metal tip is. Over time mine has bent out of whack and I've had to file it down to avoid going in crooked. This leads to the taper getting too wide to go far enough into the nose bridge making you pull the pin the rest of the way out. That's where I am now. I need a new push rod thing for it. I don't know how many I've done but it's a lot and I've only punched through one nose bridge and ruined the first 5 or 6 pins. Pretty good odds I guess.

It's the same one that LG sells but half the price. Alliexpress also sells it if you're ebay weary.

Also, go with OXM Parts for pins and flex couplers and save yourself time, money, and a headache.

Did you ruin the bridge when the pin went through it?

Also, will a piece of cardboard help minimize the indentation?