1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ducatiti

ducatiti Oakley Enthusiast

So I picked these up today. Can't go wrong for the price I paid. They are a lot smaller than I expected. Can't wait till I find time to test them out.

$30 tool to tighten nosebridges yourself.. - E7EAA9D3-CDDC-4F35-A254-2BA2BCE7CA33_zpsw4jrrjtt.jpg

cacatman, onz and Neckcutta like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Interesting.

3. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

$30!?!??!?!? Wow that's cheap! Good find, I can see clearly now. ;)

4. ducatiti

Fleabay shipped from China. Please resend PM, I had to delete a few messages.

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

$30 to fix yourself
    Priceless when you have to send to @THE X-MAN to fix the damage you've done.

:)

6. ducatiti

True. Going to practice on some beater pairs. With some padding or cloth to protect the finish, it shouldn't be that difficult. With the tool, total cost to tighten a frame would be around $20 or so, including the pins and flex coupler.

7. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 I've got a few Oakleys

I got one of these about a year and a half ago. It works fine but you'll notice the pointy end will ruin the first 3-4 pins before it flattens out and then cups around the pin. This also tells you how soft the metal tip is. Over time mine has bent out of whack and I've had to file it down to avoid going in crooked. This leads to the taper getting too wide to go far enough into the nose bridge making you pull the pin the rest of the way out. That's where I am now. I need a new push rod thing for it. I don't know how many I've done but it's a lot and I've only punched through one nose bridge and ruined the first 5 or 6 pins. Pretty good odds I guess.

It's the same one that LG sells but half the price. Alliexpress also sells it if you're ebay weary.

Also, go with OXM Parts for pins and flex couplers and save yourself time, money, and a headache.

onz and ducatiti like this.
  8. ducatiti

Did you ruin the bridge when the pin went through it?

Also, will a piece of cardboard help minimize the indentation?

9. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 I've got a few Oakleys

Yep. Completely ruined. It's still together but ugly as hell. Cardboard won't help. Proper alignment and lubrication are key. TWSS!

10. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Famous last words.

cacatman, Rcga32 and SiRacer420 like this.