• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

30th Anniversary Oakley Releases

When I saw them they were still in prototype stages, the end of the process but nonetheless prototypes, and under lock and key... Who knows though. I chose not to take a pic of them out of respect for the person who asked me not to take one (person bringing me into R&D and prototype room) so I personally do not have any.

The entire frame, less the lens and temple connection, was carbon fiber, so my hope is that they start a series built off this premise... I do agree with you though on that. I think they'll do quite well, especially because of the weight and the fact that they fit like a glove, for me at least.
How was the fit compared to the m-frame or pro-m as we know them currently?

The carbon pair is the new X-Metal tiered pair. The M2 (or whatever name) would still be O Matter I would think.
It is definitely called the M2 and it is indeed O-Matter. And on that note, I think you're only half correct (no offense). He told me that the Carbon Pro is going to be part of the elite series alongside the Pit Boss and such because they have designs for a new line of x-metal totally. Including a new proprietary material and all not just styles.

How was the fit compared to the m-frame or pro-m as we know them currently?

As for fit, I really can't compare it to anything. Its dual lens not a shield like the m-frames, around the same size as the half wire 2.0/wiretap, but comfort wise nothing really compares, short of the old nanowires in weight only. It in my opinion is one of those things you kind of have to wait for to see on your own. I was just lucky enough to get a glimpse and try way early.

yea we will have to wait and see with oakley. late october had it named carbon blade with a assigned SKU of oo9174- and a release date of April, no elite status. we will see what they end up with.

M2 currently holds 13 color ways and is releasing Feb 1st 2014. Priced at $140, $150, $160, $170 for non polar depending on color combo and $220, $240 and $250 for polar depending on color combo.

The Carbon Blade has 6 colorways and is slated for April 1st release. Still no prices listed definitively. Guess they did change the name since I saw them back in July. I must say I am most excited for the Ferrari edition one because its going to have Ruby Polar in it....

Lots of information in here. I can't wait to finally see the finished product. Doesn't seem like it will let people down but you never know.

Latest Posts

Back