• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

32nd Birthday Spent At The Vault

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
Wife gave me permission to buy a couple pairs :smile:

Been eyeballing the Polished Black/Jade Jupiter Squared for a while now and also picked up a Fast Jacket: Polished Black with Jade and Blue (standard) lenses.

7423515104_d0fc8afd79_b.jpg

Oh and there's the JPM Splice in the background that i picked up from Walkerhonda last week :smile:

im a splice noob, but which one is the JPM?

i wish the jupiter squared fit me...to small, also i don't think i like unobtanium.

Come to think of it, almost none of the new stuff fits me. dammit.

Oh wait. I stand corrected. It's the top left. Phone wasn't bright enough. The top one is the jpm. The chrome is way whiter than the bottom right one.

Oh wait. I stand corrected. It's the top left. Phone wasn't bright enough. The top one is the jpm. The chrome is way whiter than the bottom right one.

Correct. It's the top left. If you look closely, you can see the signature on the lens.

@FGG - Yah i opted to go with Jade since I realized i don't have enough green in my collection. I have a lot of Ice, Fire, +Red, and Blacks. Needed more green to even it out :smile:

Wife gave me permission to buy a couple pairs :smile:

Been eyeballing the Polished Black/Jade Jupiter Squared for a while now and also picked up a Fast Jacket: Polished Black with Jade and Blue (standard) lenses.

View attachment 65243

Oh and there's the JPM Splice in the background that i picked up from Walkerhonda last week :smile:

I'm not familiar with the 1st pair you mentioned but I own a pair of Fast Jackets and for a very long time they were my favorite pair of Oakleys. Then again at the time my only other pair was the Flak Jackets and they were wonderful sunglasses also. My daughter who I have to admit is spoiled and she wanted them an I had them for a couple of years. I aboj f had heart attack when I bought them. I didn't see price tag and didn't a for price just said I would take them. So 1st off I learned to definitely make sure to ask the price before buying something. I had never owned a pair of sunglasses in my life I was on a date with a girl and was really needing a pair because I was fixing to leave within a weak for my 1st cruise. Anyways I didn't want to sound like a fool or Butt-Head for saying I'm not paying those crazy prices for a pair of sunglasses. When I got home I felt a little better when I realized they came with 2 pair of lenses so ig was like getting 2 pairs of sunglasses. I kept them a while and my daughter wanted them and I was tickled and in love with them it true you definitely get what you pay for. At least I thought so with the Oakleys. So u gave them to her and I didn't know they made many different types if Oakleys so I looked up the Oakley website and was in heaven. I couldn't believe all the different styles brands and other cool things you could do like customize them. So I thought I would try that because I could try to customize them the way I like and make it hopefully the only ones like that at least around me. So I found the Fast Jackets and with seeing how much faster and easier it was to switch out the lenses I jumped all over it. I picked the plaid frames with white ear socks and Team Orange Oakley O. If you couldn't guess I'm a huge TN. VOLS fan and wanted Orange and White then I saw the best thing the part were you could somehow I think Lazer etch something into the lense which would make it easy to identify if some moron stole them and your names etched in the lense. They were by far my best investment I made especially on sunglasses. Then about year later I wanted to order some different colored lenses and I noticed there wasn't nearly as many to choose from as in the past. I went ahead and placed a order and went to help and feedback section and asked why the selection for the Fast Jackets seamed to be getting smaller and they informed me that they has discontinued them saying that owners had complained saying they were to heaven. I was bummed because I loved them I had bought blue and dark Greg earsocks and was looking for a new lenses when I found this out. They said they still used the switch lock technology I think it wax called on the Oakley Radarlocks. And I went ahead and ordered them. They are also awesome glasses but I have 1 major gripe the Fast Jackets when you got used to changing the lenses you could change out the lenses probably 8 times out 10 without touching the lenses at all which just kept them super clean. Plus they said people complained about Fast Jackets being heavier. If they haven't got the Radarlocks then if they do they will be in shock. They are a little heavier plus no matter how good you get changing the lenses you just can not switch lenses without touching at least some of the lens. I'm not trying to bash them because they are also wonderful sunglasses and I am happy with. I just hope that Oakley may rethink it and bring the Fast Jackets back. I really liked having my name on my lenses thought it was really cool!
20160802_184601.jpg

Chuck.... He mentioned these a shade over 4 years ago.

Don't let my sarcasm dampen your enthusiasm, I do it to everyone. ;)

Your lenses are cool!

Back