1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

So today I received my TinTin gascans. And I love them, just like back in the days when I was a fan of TinTin (I had TinTin clothing, seriously) I loved them from the first moment.
    But now I just have to test them out. Looking at the box they are optimized for RealD 3D cinemas. But there are of course also IMAX and Dolby 3D theatres, will they work at that theatres too? Or is a RealD theatre really a must?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Any 3d cinema uses the same passive technology these days...... They should work fine....

3. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Incorrect, these do not work with IMAX. RealD is a brand, just like a HD-DVD wouldn't play in a Blu-Ray player. I tried my Tron's when the movie came out in an IMAX theatre and the glasses did not work.

4. oogie

oogie Oakley Beginner

Yeah, they are just made for RealD 3D, and not the IMAX or Dolby 3D. So while they "won't work" with the other formats, I don't have any practical experience in trying the Oakley glasses on those other formats to see what it actually does or doesn't do correctly.

5. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I stand corrected. Thanks!!

6. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

No problem. Any major movie these days goes into movie theatres in imax 3d and regular 3d so there shouldn't be a problem with missing out on a flick.

7. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

Tested them yesterday at the cinema. And wow, the difference is just so amazing. The clarity and everything is just 1000 timex better. Ok, I also expected it of course to be lots better, but if you visit the cinema sometimes. Just some 3D gascans :)

8. Smurf_AZ

Smurf_AZ Oakley Enthusiast

These glasses will also work on your passive 3d home televisions.