• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3D Gascans And The Cinema

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

http://www.juleye.nl
The Netherlands
So today I received my TinTin gascans. And I love them, just like back in the days when I was a fan of TinTin (I had TinTin clothing, seriously) I loved them from the first moment.
But now I just have to test them out. Looking at the box they are optimized for RealD 3D cinemas. But there are of course also IMAX and Dolby 3D theatres, will they work at that theatres too? Or is a RealD theatre really a must?

Any 3d cinema uses the same passive technology these days...... They should work fine....

Incorrect, these do not work with IMAX. RealD is a brand, just like a HD-DVD wouldn't play in a Blu-Ray player. I tried my Tron's when the movie came out in an IMAX theatre and the glasses did not work.

Yeah, they are just made for RealD 3D, and not the IMAX or Dolby 3D. So while they "won't work" with the other formats, I don't have any practical experience in trying the Oakley glasses on those other formats to see what it actually does or doesn't do correctly.

Incorrect, these do not work with IMAX. RealD is a brand, just like a HD-DVD wouldn't play in a Blu-Ray player. I tried my Tron's when the movie came out in an IMAX theatre and the glasses did not work.

I stand corrected. Thanks!!

Tested them yesterday at the cinema. And wow, the difference is just so amazing. The clarity and everything is just 1000 timex better. Ok, I also expected it of course to be lots better, but if you visit the cinema sometimes. Just some 3D gascans :)

Latest Posts

Back