1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. Dylanismyname

Dylanismyname Oakley Beginner

Hey guys
    Ive been into CAD Modelling for several years now and have been using a 3D printer for a couple of years also. Recently ive been doing some work on some Oakley themed stuff and thought this might be a nice place to share some of stuff ive been working on. Ill slowly add more photos of stuff as i go along in order to get some feedback and hopefully give people some inspiration for their own projects

3D Printed Stuff - 20161002_041834.jpg 3D Printed Stuff - 20161002_041943.jpg 3D Printed Stuff - 20161002_042007.jpg
    3D Printed Stuff - 20161002_041925.jpg
    First up is a single tier stand copy, did this more as a test to see how the plastic would take the weight of the glasses and to try some new filament (Hence the white). Looks pretty neat and is pretty close to the original.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Looks nice.

@qtrain23 has made it an art lately of working 3D printed items. ;)

Wavecloud and Dylanismyname like this.
  3. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

Just be careful in adding oakley logos and trademarks bro... Looks cool!

4. Dylanismyname

Yeah he does great stuff, i was looking through one his his threads earlier. Love the stands hes been doing

5. Dylanismyname

Thanks! Yeah, i wont be selling anything i make as its pretty much all for my personal display so i figure it should be okay none the less, wise words, ill definetly keep it in mind thanks.

6. VolcanOG

VolcanOG Xs and Os Premium Member

Yeah, you can add as many Oakley logos as you want as long as you aren't selling them as Oakley. Awesome work bro! Let's see some more

Dylanismyname likes this.
  7. Dylanismyname

Next up, and im pretty proud of these. These were made about 2 years ago, when i first started printing ( read: excuse for rough finish) because i didnt have the spare money to buy the official oakley ones. Theyre expandable from 1 tier to about 5 before balance becomes an issue. Ive printed about 5 of these since, some with different logos, like a ferrari horse or rayban script.
    View attachment 283134
    3D Printed Stuff - 20161002_054225.jpg
    3D Printed Stuff - 20161002_054159_001.jpg
    3D Printed Stuff - 20161002_054110.jpg
    Only real issue with these is the kinda steppy finish (noob mistake) and the time it takes to print them.

washi me sensie and VolcanOG like this.
  8. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Wet a cloth with acetone, wipe them down. Makes the finish a lot nicer on printed parts.

9. Dylanismyname

Thanks! I use an acetone bath a fair bit on my later ABS 3D prints, just got these out for the photo, ill wipe them down tomorrow and give it a go if i get the time.

10. Dylanismyname

Been working on a X-metal Vault style piece recently, have most of the parts printed out already, have been trying to capture some inspiration from some other products with it, just have to figure color scheme. Was thinking this.
    3D Printed Stuff - Mockup 1.png
    sorry for low res image, would normally render but posting from a phone.
    taking inspiration from this among others.
    3D Printed Stuff - s-l400.jpg
    Can anyone suggest any improvements to make it more oakleyish?