• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3D Printed Stuff

Yes, it was posted elsewhere in the forum, I found it and posted it as an example of what I was talking about. I don't think it could be pulled off easily with a printer using the image as a base, a lot more work would have to go into creating the surface profile.

I have one. Or at least had two, I know I gave at least one away may have sold the other. When I get my 3D printer if someone has made a nice 3D skull model I'd love to get my hands on the file and make a few pieces for myself.

I apologize for not posting credit for the photo, I didn't actually find the thread, just a google image search of the forum.
Im going to do a contoured 3d skull when i get time, ill make the file available when i finish it. Only issue will be printing at a small layer height to preserve detail in the print or large enough it wont be a factor.

Man all this stuff looks great! I've been wanting to do this for a while but have no chance of designing them. I just print whatever i find on thingiverse. If you ever feel the need to share some stl files, that would be awesome!

Really well done!

Man all this stuff looks great! I've been wanting to do this for a while but have no chance of designing them. I just print whatever i find on thingiverse. If you ever feel the need to share some stl files, that would be awesome!

Really well done!

Thanks!
Ill share alot of the stl's once im happy with how they print. There are some slight problems on some of the files i want to address. Not a huge fan of posting this kinda stuff on thingiverse though so ill have figure out a different way...

Some more progress on the vault,filled, sanded and painted the case the final colour
20161005_234758.jpg

Hard to see but its got very few visible lines in it.
Also, bought myself a new daily pair so decided to try a case for it also, not as flashy and neat so itll probably stay as a raw print unless i get bored
20161005_234913.jpg

20161005_234900.jpg

20161005_234935.jpg

Had to slightly change the logos to make it work, and the hinge is kinda stiff but it should wear in :)

OH SNAP! Those are awesome! You could have a vault for every pair for transportation like if you needed to evacuate for a hurricane. What are you printing with? ABS, PLA, PETG, something fancy?

OH SNAP! Those are awesome! You could have a vault for every pair for transportation like if you needed to evacuate for a hurricane. What are you printing with? ABS, PLA, PETG, something fancy?
Haha thanks!
Of all the stuff ive printed here, the larger stuff is pla, i find its less hassle to print the large surface area stuff as it wont warp or split, (using a heated chamber is inconvenient for me space wise, otherwise it woud be all abs), and the big one being i dont have to moniter the print as much as i find i do with abs . The smaller stuff is abs because its so much nicer to finish and prints a little better, but pla would work almost as well. Filament wise its literally the cheapest i can buy on ebay, tried some of the good stuff, was nicer, but at almost 2x price, not justifiable to me. I fill and sand 80% of my work anyway.

Back