• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3D Printing

I'm trying to talk to yeti to see about making replacement hinges for the jury

I sent you a PM about it.

If anyone is closer to Q (I am in Canada...shipping sucks) that would be able to loan him their Jury I would be eternally grateful! Otherwise I'll just have to bite the bullet and send it down.

you want to make something in high demand? make the little black connectors for the TB1 that connect the bracelet to the case...so many people need them and none are available anywhere...

I'd need one to look at to draw it. Who's got one?

I don't want to put a damper on the enthusiasm, but one has to be really careful about duplicating replacement parts for glasses with these things. Oakley designs (as well as products from other companies) are protected and you just can't go around producing replacement earstems and whatnot and charge money for them.

In the privacy of your own home, you can do whatever the hell you want...but as soon as you start offering "replacement part services" here on a public forum, you can open yourself up to trouble. Even if it's for a part that's no longer made or supported by Oakley, they still control the rights to it. From a legal standpoint, it constitutes counterfeiting.

Now, I'm the last person here who'd give a rat's ass about someone churning out earstems, orbitals, icons, etc using one of these gizmos. And I'm by no means trying to play the moral apostle here. But be aware that there are members of this forum who likely would care...namely, Oakley employees....and I wouldn't want to see anyone here getting into any legal hot water. So just be careful out there, folks.

I don't want to put a damper on the enthusiasm, but one has to be really careful about duplicating replacement parts for glasses with these things. Oakley designs (as well as products from other companies) are protected and you just can't go around producing replacement earstems and whatnot and charge money for them.

In the privacy of your own home, you can do whatever the hell you want...but as soon as you start offering "replacement part services" here on a public forum, you can open yourself up to trouble. Even if it's for a part that's no longer made or supported by Oakley, they still control the rights to it. From a legal standpoint, it constitutes counterfeiting.

Now, I'm the last person to who'd give a rat's ass about someone churning out earstems, orbitals or icons, etc using one of these gizmos. And I'm by no means trying to play the moral apostle here. But be aware that there are members of this forum who likely would care...namely, Oakley employees....and I wouldn't want to see anyone here getting into any legal hot water. So just be careful out there, folks.

Well of course not. I'm not looking to reproduce any patented/trademarked stuff. But I can take a part that's known for failure, and design a replacement, and sell that. 3rd party replacements are everywhere. That's all it would be.

Example: rubber kits.

That little link is something i get asked about all the time...Log out of production and extinct, this would be a matter of pure demand and not one of greed and so forth. Now reproducing other items out of pure profit is playing with fire. Kind of like Year One making repop parts for old muscle cars long out of production, no harm no foul.

Latest Posts

Back