• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3D Twitch - Review And Comparison Pics Inside

Definitely not the same as the Asian Fit frame. I have an old pair of those, and the nose pieces are ginormous on them. In my opinion, I feel like the 3D frames have more wrap. Whenever I use the 3D lenses, they ALWAYS touch my Eye Lashes. I thought it was just how thick they were, but when I popped in new lenses in the 3D frame, they still touched my eyelashes which annoyed me. It only exists with the 3D frames as well, and is extremely annoying in my opinion.

*Just a little side note, the Asian Fit Gascan is a little funky. Sides stick out a little too much, even for my Asian features :wink:

Definitely not the same as the Asian Fit frame. I have an old pair of those, and the nose pieces are ginormous on them. In my opinion, I feel like the 3D frames have more wrap. Whenever I use the 3D lenses, they ALWAYS touch my Eye Lashes. I thought it was just how thick they were, but when I popped in new lenses in the 3D frame, they still touched my eyelashes which annoyed me. It only exists with the 3D frames as well, and is extremely annoying in my opinion.

*Just a little side note, the Asian Fit Gascan is a little funky. Sides stick out a little too much, even for my Asian features :wink:

hey zax! good to see you around! thanks for chipping in. less wrap would make the lenses sit closer to yoir face causing the eyelash touching. i hve some pairs that did that to me (hatchet in asian fit configuration) lol and i know how annoying it is. so it could be a minute difference in frame wrap? since swapping for regular lenses dont help the eyelash contact? i think its time i grabbed some gascans and did comparos. or take my 3D's to the sunglass hut hahaha.

Of course. And we all know the lenses aren't Plutonite, I think it's a lexan-like material which of course will flex very easily. Of course I'm sure it bends very little, but just enough to be where the standard sunglass lens sits.

yeah some sunglass frames do this too- the lenses arent fully stress-free as they sit in the frame.

batters did you try putting the 3d lenses in regular frames? did it feel the same going in?

Feels the same to me. I have one set on trons oem and one set i wear with ice in them.. no distortion and feel fine..

How do I know if the 3D capable TV I have at home will work for these? I didn't buy it new, or for the 3D capability so I have no idea what, if any, glasses it came with or needs.

Look up your TV model online and see if it's passive or active 3D. If it's passive then the Oakley glasses will work, if not it means that it needs the battery powered glasses.

Latest Posts

Back