1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. randsome01

randsome01 Oakley Beginner

I recently discovered 3rd party lenses for several of my discontinued sunglasses. What is the opinion of these? How is the quality? I wouldn't consider getting them but I have several pairs that could use some new lenses (Mars & Fours). Any advice would be much appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

3rd party lenses have proven to be pretty, but that's about it. If you want Oakley quality, you need Oakley lenses. You can get custom cut lenses for almost any pair right here on the forum. Just need to contact dr chop or infinitehero. There are a plethora of threads about this topic, but I have summarized them here for you.

randsome01 likes this.
  3. randsome01

randsome01 Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the info. I will inquire with the users you mentioned but you wouldn't happen to know the quality of their work, would you?

4. pupusasrock

pupusasrock Oakley Enthusiast

I have used InfiniteHero multiple times for lenses and the service has always been fantastic. I have also never had a problem with the fit.

jmaxime89 and Brett28 like this.
  5. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

their work is legit, to be 100% sure of the fitment just send your frames/old lenses in

randsome01 likes this.
  6. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

A quick search will answer all questions young Jedi lol

7. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I don't think Dr. Chop cut lenses anymore, but there are several others on the forum who do.

8. JDubs

JDubs Oakley Enthusiast

I know when Chop did it they were very well done! Check his Chops Chops thread in DIY. I have also done some myself that came out well. But I just do them for myself. I don't want to screw up someone elses lenses.